Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a hose right behind my radiator that has a nice gaping hole in it. I went to the Hyundai Stealership, and they want $230 for it. I know i could replace it myself when I get it, I just need to find it for a price that isn't ridiculous like this. Dealership said it is called a compressor hose, I've got a pic to confirm. If anybody knows where I can acquire this hose, please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've got a hose right behind my radiator that has a nice gaping hole in it. I went to the Hyundai Stealership, and they want $230 for it. I know i could replace it myself when I get it, I just need to find it for a price that isn't ridiculous like this. Dealership said it is called a compressor hose, I've got a pic to confirm. If anybody knows where I can acquire this hose, please let me know.
Do you have a V6? I did an A/C delete on my 2003 v6 Tib. I think I still have most of the A/C lines. I removed. If I do just pay shipping fees and they are yours. Not sure if they are good or not...I honestly don't know.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Replacing an A/C hose is not easy. I had to get that hose replaced too, and I decided to have a shop do it, because its a pretty involved process. You need to evacuate it without losing any of the coolant, as it is illegal to release it, and then pump out all the air to check for leaks, and lastly to slowly pump coolant back in, which requires specialized equipment. Honestly, the shop only charged me $80 for replacing two A/C hoses (I got the hoses for $100 from a junkyard), leak testing, and a recharge.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a V6? I did an A/C delete on my 2003 v6 Tib. I think I still have most of the A/C lines. I removed. If I do just pay shipping fees and they are yours. Not sure if they are good or not...I honestly don't know.
Awesome. PM sent.

Replacing an A/C hose is not easy. I had to get that hose replaced too, and I decided to have a shop do it, because its a pretty involved process. You need to evacuate it without losing any of the coolant, as it is illegal to release it, and then pump out all the air to check for leaks, and lastly to slowly pump coolant back in, which requires specialized equipment. Honestly, the shop only charged me $80 for replacing two A/C hoses (I got the hoses for $100 from a junkyard), leak testing, and a recharge.
I didn't realize it was such an involved process. I'll have a shop do it then for sure.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes that is compressor discharge hose. Do you still have any refrigerant charge? How did you determine that this hose is where your leak is? If its a large leak there may be compressor oil residue visible near the leak. Smaller leak are harder to spot. This is another good idea to have this done by a shop. To have a leak test performed on system to verify that this hose is indeed the culprit and to make sure there are no other leaks present. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts