Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm ordering the stage 3 CM next week, along with a fidanza flywheel.

i call UltraRev on the phone to make sure they had the parts in stock, and could ship them fairly quick...no problem.

i asked him about the clutch, i was going to order the stage 2 CM, but he talked me into the stage 3 (same price as stage 2) so its probably a smart investment.

then i asked him about the flywheel, i was going to order the CM flywheel, then he told me the fidanza is cheaper, and a better flywheel.....PROBLEM....
I told him my car was made in dec. 03, and then i said do you have the fidanza i need in stock.
he said yea they all the same. WTF?!?!?!?!

the tech i talked to a hyn. told me to make SURE to get the right flywheel they make 2 different ones for the same year (2004), so this guy from ultrarev told me that it wont matter, and yes it will fit.

WTF do i do.....is they guy right, or is the hyn. tech right

ALSO

the guy from alpine s/c, told me NOT to change my flywheel that i'll break my crank shaft because i dont have a harmoinic (SP?) balancer.....and the also said that he just changes the clutches in his cars and has well over 300hp to the wheels??

need help/advice...thanks
04 V6 6spd

-Josh

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
o here we go with the harmonic balance thing

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Search for r100s .... he posted a write-up that shows you what to look for. You'll need to look before you order though.

·
Registered
412 Posts
bloodshark04 said:
i'm ordering the stage 3 CM next week, along with a fidanza flywheel.

i call UltraRev on the phone to make sure they had the parts in stock, and could ship them fairly quick...no problem.

i asked him about the clutch, i was going to order the stage 2 CM, but he talked me into the stage 3 (same price as stage 2) so its probably a smart investment.

then i asked him about the flywheel, i was going to order the CM flywheel, then he told me the fidanza is cheaper, and a better flywheel.....PROBLEM....
I told him my car was made in dec. 03, and then i said do you have the fidanza i need in stock.
he said yea they all the same. WTF?!?!?!?!

the tech i talked to a hyn. told me to make SURE to get the right flywheel they make 2 different ones for the same year (2004), so this guy from ultrarev told me that it wont matter, and yes it will fit.

WTF do i do.....is they guy right, or is the hyn. tech right

ALSO

the guy from alpine s/c, told me NOT to change my flywheel that i'll break my crank shaft because i dont have a harmoinic (SP?) balancer.....and the also said that he just changes the clutches in his cars and has well over 300hp to the wheels??

need help/advice...thanks
04 V6 6spd

-Josh
dude, you double posted. i answered your questions in the "transmission" thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts