Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I'm a noob here and just bought a 2006 Tib GT Limited with the Infinity sound system. Absolutely in love with the car other than the fact that I am learning stick shift (finally) and i'm pissing off the poor people behind me in rush hour. I am having a hard time navigating the site so I guess I will just ask this question here even though the info is probably on the forums somewhere. I had recently bought an Alpine stereo for my old car before it crapped out on me. It has an ipod compatible hookup to where I can control the ipod from the deck (very nice indeed). Well I was wondering if my stock Infinity stereo has any outputs in the back. I know I won't be able to control the ipod from there but I'd at least like to hook up my ipod and (if possible) My XM SkyFi2 without having to use an FM tuner. What are your suggestions as to how I should go about hooking up my ipod and my XM? I like the stock look of the Infinity system, but I definitely want my XM back and my ipod hooked up without using the FM tuner. Thanks!

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
You need an AUX IN cord. They are extremely rare- I've been looking for months. There was a group buy about two years ago, and used is the only way you can get them, through that.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the back of the Infinity unit does indeed have an AUX input?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wouldn't that be more work than just switching it out for my Alpine Unit? I do like that stock look though.. meh

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still wondering if the Infinity sound system has an AUX input in the back I could plug either XM or my ipod to. Anybody know? And if it has 1 AUX input, any way I can hook both XM and iPod to the same AUX Input? I really don't want to have to use an FM transmitter.

·
Registered
252 Posts
One of these group buys could be started once again but we'd need to purchase about 1000 to make it worth the vendors effort. If somebody is willing to do this it can be done.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Roost3r said:
I'm still wondering if the Infinity sound system has an AUX input in the back I could plug either XM or my ipod to. Anybody know? And if it has 1 AUX input, any way I can hook both XM and iPod to the same AUX Input? I really don't want to have to use an FM transmitter.

No it doesn't. The adapter someone mentioned plugs into the CD changer port on the back and converts it to an AUX input. This adapter is very rare.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dag nabbit!

I am in the same boat, I just got a Belkin TuneBase for XMas from my gf's family. I just tried using it this morning and wanted to know if anyone has any ideas for a good location for this thing in the stock infinity setup?

I have a radar detector and now a dual output cig lighter adaptor so I can use both, the iPod isn't very stable the way I had it setup this morning, but I was just testing functionality. I will take a pic and show you what I have to work with. If anyone has had any luck with these Belkin TuneBase things, let me know, also, anyone in the SFL area know which frequency might be best for tuning the iPod?

GREAT SCOT!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I'd just put the alpine in and take the stock deck out. I have an alpine with the ipod connection and its much better than stock

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
The adapter that was made plugs into the CD changer control plug and has a little converter box that makes the Infinity HU think there's actually a CD changer connected. The Infinity HU regularly checks to make sure the CD Changer is connected, that's what the little converter box does. It sends a signal (code) to the HU that makes the HU think there's actually a CD changer connected. That's why it's not just a simple plug in cable that anyone could buy or make. On the other end of the adapter is regular red and white RCA outputs.

Technically you could put a splitter on each and use two aux inputs like XM and an iPod. The guy who made the adapters hasn't been around in a long time but every once in a while you see one in the For Sale section. That's how I got mine. The guy's name was Zebra something. He said he'd make them again if he could get enough people committed to buy but I think he wanted at least 100 people. That was about a year ago and I don't think he's ever been back on the boards.

It's a great product, I use mine everyday. If I ever switched to an aftermarket stereo I'd even keep it and not sell it just because I wouldn't want to have to try to find one again later.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You can find Zebra on hyundai-forums.com and elantraxd. He's around.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorensilk said:
The adapter that was made plugs into the CD changer control plug and has a little converter box that makes the Infinity HU think there's actually a CD changer connected. The Infinity HU regularly checks to make sure the CD Changer is connected, that's what the little converter box does. It sends a signal (code) to the HU that makes the HU think there's actually a CD changer connected. That's why it's not just a simple plug in cable that anyone could buy or make. On the other end of the adapter is regular red and white RCA outputs.

Technically you could put a splitter on each and use two aux inputs like XM and an iPod. The guy who made the adapters hasn't been around in a long time but every once in a while you see one in the For Sale section. That's how I got mine. The guy's name was Zebra something. He said he'd make them again if he could get enough people committed to buy but I think he wanted at least 100 people. That was about a year ago and I don't think he's ever been back on the boards.

It's a great product, I use mine everyday. If I ever switched to an aftermarket stereo I'd even keep it and not sell it just because I wouldn't want to have to try to find one again later.
That wouldn't be a bad alternative! If that wouldn't work i could just hook up my Alpine. I just like to keep that stock look if possible.. but it's no biggie i guess. I do love my Alpine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts