Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Took my car into get Fixed today and they had NO courtesy cars available so im kind of hooped with out a car cause i go so many places... if they have none available am i just SOL? or Should they be payin for a courtesy car for me or something along those lines

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
If they don't have any available... I thought that they were supposed to give you a rental???

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Go back and let them know that if they need to provide you with something. If you complain enough, they'll make it happen.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
talked to hyundai again And they have a Rental Car dealership they Get good Rates on... so as soon as they figure out how to fix the problem tommoorow, they might be able to give me a rental car under warrenty for free as soon as it gets "authrorized"

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
yeah.. i would just tell them that you need to have a car for work/school and if they cant provide one youll have to have your work done somewhere else. the dealer isnt the only place that fixes cars or does warranty work and they know that ;)

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
its NOT included in anything....they dont have to offer you one. Some extended contracts here in the US provide for them...not sure how it is up in CDN...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had mine in a few months ago and ran into the same problem. The guy said "we can just have one of the techs give ya a lift" I asked him if he was sure and he was. So I started thinking of all the places I had to go to before work but still make it to work no to late. The tech guy was cool about it so went to wally world and picked up some film I had, did a little grocery shopping for lunch, then went past a gas station for cigarettes, forgot my cell so had to go home, almost at work I forgot my wallet at home so had to go back etc... I had the tech for almost 2 and 1/2 hours and felt satisfied they got my message so had him drop me off at work. Picked up my car that night and was told a part was on order to come back next week after I had made apt, this time they had a car for me no questions asked. Sometimes is pays to be a dick.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
yeah they say u get a replacement car for this so they ahave to give one its written u recieve one. if they dont have one they have to go to a rental place and get u one.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Thats classic....

I remember at one point we did have loaners...but dropped to program. Not sure why.

Guess sometimes it pays to get the extended warr that offers a rental.

Hellsiege said:
I had mine in a few months ago and ran into the same problem. The guy said "we can just have one of the techs give ya a lift" I asked him if he was sure and he was. So I started thinking of all the places I had to go to before work but still make it to work no to late. The tech guy was cool about it so went to wally world and picked up some film I had, did a little grocery shopping for lunch, then went past a gas station for cigarettes, forgot my cell so had to go home, almost at work I forgot my wallet at home so had to go back etc... I had the tech for almost 2 and 1/2 hours and felt satisfied they got my message so had him drop me off at work. Picked up my car that night and was told a part was on order to come back next week after I had made apt, this time they had a car for me no questions asked. Sometimes is pays to be a dick.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the Part Never came in, so ive been stuck without a car since Wed. no Courtesy Car, They said Rental cars werent covered under my warrenty, So hopefully they have my car fixed by tommorow cause im startin to get a little ticked. Somethin screwed up with the electrical so that stuff is covered under warr. thank god Still not happy though

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
the dealers around here stopped loaning courtesy cars recently, said it was due to insurance

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
adrenaline210 said:
Well the Part Never came in, so ive been stuck without a car since Wed. no Courtesy Car, They said Rental cars werent covered under my warrenty, So hopefully they have my car fixed by tommorow cause im startin to get a little ticked. Somethin screwed up with the electrical so that stuff is covered under warr. thank god Still not happy though

isnt it written that while warrenty work is being done we get a replacement car? where does it say that o if we dont have one u dont get one sorry? if thats the case they can just have one courtesy car and say we give u a courtesy car but we only have one so good luck getting it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
qbytiburon said:
isnt it written that while warrenty work is being done we get a replacement car? where does it say that o if we dont have one u dont get one sorry? if thats the case they can just have one courtesy car and say we give u a courtesy car but we only have one so good luck getting it.
No. Dealers are under no obligation to provide courtesy cars, unless it was something you negotiated into your contract when you first bought your car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
When purchasing the car you can opt for the HPP plan that provides extended warranty coverage and a rental car while its being repaired. 90% of the customers who don't have access to another vehicle don't buy this extended warranty, 25% of those who do have another car available buy it anyways.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts