Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was curious if any one ever installed a hood scoop on out cars as i ve got a nice CF hood im trying to justify keeping my silver one, if i could get a cowl on it i will or else its going to the scrap yard!

does anyone know of a cowl out there that matches the slope on our hoods!!

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
Yeah. Lou had one (Tibby03 I think) but sold it to 12secTib......I think.

Believe it was a custon job.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. Lou had one (Tibby03 I think) but sold it to 12secTib......I think.

Believe it was a custon job.
im very shure it had to of been , wondering if anyones got a unit from a differnt car and fiberglassed one in thats all im asking and what unit would come close to meeting the hood line of our cars!! thats the trick i think!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts

for the lazy people

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
here is a reason to justify keeping the stock hood.

1. when you go to sell/trade your car and you need to put it back to stock, you dont have to trade for, or buy another stock silver hood. You can just sell the c/f and put the oem hood back on

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
yea i hated those hoods on the older mustangs

and to have one on a tib? me no likey

·
Administrator
5,353 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
if the rise on the hood werent that high, like 2 inches lower it would look much better

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
i like th hood and always have on lou's car and i believe ucf_bronco had one too . thats a little lower which i think looks better

here it is

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I say do what you want to do, if you want to put a cowl scoop on, go for it, but if everyone on nt rips you a new one, just know why. Personally i say go for it, i always like seeing people try slighty new/ seldom done things.

·
Registered
750 Posts
lol..i guess people never run out of ideas on how to make their Tib ugly

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol..i guess people never run out of ideas on how to make their Tib ugly
i gues i should have made my self alittle more clear what i was wanting to do is make room for a top mount intcooler so when i started this thread i was think more along the lines of a STI hood scoop and not so much the cowl, my liitle turbo project has enough piping in it!! and theres no real clear root for a FMIC on or at least what i see, and this was all just in theroy, like i said ive got a nice CF hood! anf the old hood is going to be sled or garbage becuase i cant find anything to do with it and its taking up space, im not really worried about resale or trade in just wanted something that looked cool and never seen one, yes i do like that red cowl, but not enough to justify getting rid of my CF hood and moddifying my old one !! looks like i got an expesive sled for this winter!!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Cowl hoods are for carbed enjines. Its such bad form on a fuel injected engine. Just like putting 20" rims on a Civic is bad form.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts