Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 tiburon gt 2.7. It wouldn't start so I did plugs wires and replaced a coil that was bad. It still won't start. I also put a cam sensor in it as well. Could it be the crankshaft positioning sensor or possibly the starter.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Yes could be either one, or something else entirely. What exactly does it do when you put the key in and when you turn it to start? Do the accessories/lights/radio come on? Any noises at all? Does the engine turn over?

BTW this isn't a new member intro.

Also BTW, there is TONS of info on this forum that's just a search away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes could be either one, or something else entirely. What exactly does it do when you put the key in and when you turn it to start? Do the accessories/lights/radio come on? Any noises at all? Does the engine turn over?

Ok sorry bout the new member thing but All the - lights come on the clock comes on radio comes on I can hear my fuel pump turn on when it's in accessory and when I go to start it will Crank and crank and crank and crank and crank but it won't fire I know I have spark I know I have fuel it just will not fire that's why I'm thinking it could be the crank position sensor or the starter. I was just looking g for more advice

·
Administrator
8,985 Posts

Changed thread location (thanks Peach), edited thread title...

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Ok sorry bout the new member thing but All the - lights come on the clock comes on radio comes on I can hear my fuel pump turn on when it's in accessory and when I go to start it will Crank and crank and crank and crank and crank but it won't fire I know I have spark I know I have fuel it just will not fire that's why I'm thinking it could be the crank position sensor or the starter. I was just looking g for more advice
If it will crank and crank then it's obviously not the starter (or the battery or ignition). Have you tried putting the ignition to ON and checking for codes? There should be one or more if there's a bad sensor.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey if you know you have spark then you don’t have a bad crank or cam sensor, and you can still start a car with a bad cam sensor but not a bad crank sensor, and if your getting fuel and spark only other thing is compression, did you check compression? Also make sure you check that your plug wires go to the right cylinders

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey if you know you have spark then you don’t have a bad crank or cam sensor, and you can still start a car with a bad cam sensor but not a bad crank sensor, and if your getting fuel and spark only other thing is compression, did you check compression? Also make sure you check that your plug wires go to the right cylinders
I just don't know what I'm missing. I have spark everywhere I need it and fuel. Just don't know what to check

1 - 8 of 8 Posts