Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am i the only one whos broke 3 of these things now, any one got any ideas that i can fix this silly little problem, i mean it starts to move and about 1/2 though the stroke of it , the alluminum tab snaps off, i can use a rail bar and get the it fully stroke, or am i the only one thats having these problems

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
what tensioner are you referring to?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
are you pushing it the wrong way i happen to know that can break it

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Pics? I only replaced mine once. I was going to say if you're getting belt slip you need more wrap around.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill get some up, im using a fan cluthc bar! and no im not going the wring way, i think the spring in the tensioner is llocking up or binding so it only travels 1/2 and this has happened 3 times now i was lucky because i was able to slip the belt on with a realy small long screw driver but i was wondering if there was some kinda recall or theres something u supercharger guys were doing to avoid this ! but it may just be one of those piss poor desighn!!

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
ib4screennamehasmeaning.

(probably doing it wrong.... i.e. push down).

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
You must be using the wrong tools to do the belt, I've still got the O.E tensioner and it works fine , there's nothing wrong with the design , just something wrong with the tool or the person using the tool:nerd:

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
Don't you just put the wrench in a push it down?

I mean, it's probably easier with 2 people, but come on! :einstein:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I had one break on me, tough on the knuckles, had the blower off countless times, different size belts, etc. Three you freakin' broke, man, sumthin' ain't kosher!

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
i know exactly what your talking about, my first tensioner did that, it felt like the spring or whatever is inside it was jammed and it wouldnt move, i put too much stress on it one day and the aluminum around where the wrench goes in snapped, so i got another one, and its worked perfectly since

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
these things are turds but oh well, im telling u it snapped every time i put on a new gates belt the other day exactly the same as the oem one!! maybee that my luck!! get 3 in a row that have weak points in them, i mean they are all aluminum and really naroww at 2 points, i bet f i buy a new one and take it to work and weld a bit of reinforcement right there would be fine!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts