Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Read Only
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I went out with a few friends, and on my way home it was frickin cold, and had been raining for 2 days. Well, I make a left turn, and as i give it gas coming out of the turn, I start to lose traction and slide(push) off the road. Well, I am able to correct a bit, but end up fishtailing, doing a 180, and sliding off the road backwards, with the drivers side heading towards a wall. Luckily, I wasn't going fast, so I came to a stop about 2 feet before I smacked the wall. Got back on the road and drove it home.

Got up this morning, and the 2 drivers side wheels had rocks between the tire bead and the wheel itself, so I had to get them mounted and rebalanced. Other than that, i hit the passenger side on something (possibly a sign), but it's not heavily dented and will probably buff out for the most part. Looks more like I kissed a track wall than got into an accident.

Overall, I was pretty lucky, but scared the piss out of me. Be careful out there guys...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,976 Posts
Ouch! I'm sorry to hear that... :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,431 Posts
good to hear you are ok...goes to show you it can happen ANYTIME
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
damn sorry to hear about that... i did the same thing in a firebird one time. took out a speed limit sign and ended up about a foot from a tree trunk when i stopped spinning.

glad to hear the car wasn't seriously injured... oh yeah and glad you're okay too
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,790 Posts
wow im glad it wasnt worse.

one of my buddys out here has had a few encounters of merging onto a highway from an onramp and doing the same exact thing...somehow sliding outta control and wound up doing a 180 in the middle of the highway...good thing tho both times he did it there was no one else around....

the last time it happened however the car got totalled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Malogus said:
So last night I went out with a few friends, and on my way home it was frickin cold, and had been raining for 2 days. Well, I make a left turn, and as i give it gas coming out of the turn, I start to lose traction and slide(push) off the road. Well, I am able to correct a bit, but end up fishtailing, doing a 180, and sliding off the road backwards, with the drivers side heading towards a wall. Luckily, I wasn't going fast, so I came to a stop about 2 feet before I smacked the wall. Got back on the road and drove it home.

Got up this morning, and the 2 drivers side wheels had rocks between the tire bead and the wheel itself, so I had to get them mounted and rebalanced. Other than that, i hit the passenger side on something (possibly a sign), but it's not heavily dented and will probably buff out for the most part. Looks more like I kissed a track wall than got into an accident.

Overall, I was pretty lucky, but scared the piss out of me. Be careful out there guys...
Wow AZ people cant even drive in rain lol j/k

Glad the cars ok, thats the most important thing ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Mines Better said:
wow im glad it wasnt worse.

one of my buddys out here has had a few encounters of merging onto a highway from an onramp and doing the same exact thing...somehow sliding outta control and wound up doing a 180 in the middle of the highway...good thing tho both times he did it there was no one else around....

the last time it happened however the car got totalled.
Hey when you coming back to town?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Nice save.

How are your tires? Maybe it's time for a new set.

My Tib is at the shop right now getting a set of 4 Kumho ASX's mounted, balanced and a 4-wheel alignment. There was only about 3/32's left on the original MXM4's (only 28K miles!)
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NovaResource said:
Nice save.

How are your tires? Maybe it's time for a new set.

My Tib is at the shop right now getting a set of 4 Kumho ASX's mounted, balanced and a 4-wheel alignment. There was only about 3/32's left on the original MXM4's (only 28K miles!)
Surpisingly they are in OK shape, and have a good amount of tread left. Maybe a new set in the next few months. The funny thing is the tires I have are ASXs, and while they have lasted a long time, they suck for traction. If I would have had something with a bit more grip this whole thing probably could have been avoided.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Malogus said:
The funny thing is the tires I have are ASXs, and while they have lasted a long time, they suck for traction.
Is that dry or wet traction (or both)? You're making just a bit more power than me so I hope not to have that problem.
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NovaResource said:
Is that dry or wet traction (or both)? You're making just a bit more power than me so I hope not to have that problem.
Both. Dry is ok for a all-season radial I guess...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Strange because the ASX's have a Double A wet traction rating compared to the single A of the MXM4's. We'll see. Thanks.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top