Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get this. I took my car into the dealership the other day to get the wheels aligned and my headlights too. While I was there I told the guy in service to have someone check out my exhaust because it looked as if my left exhaust pipe was hanging a bit lower than my right exhaust pipe (when i say lower, it was maybe 1/2" lower and i just picked up on t because I'm wierd with details like that). I figured he'd tell me it was nothing or that the rubber boot on the left needed to be replaced but he calls me today and says he's ordering me an entirely new "rear exhaust". Well I go there to talk to him and ask him if its axle back, catback, what exactly does he mean by rear exhaust and he said he's replacing the entire exhaust from the cat back. All for a stinkin rubber boot! I'm almost positive that he's charging hyundai for parts that aren't necessary but hey, I'm not paying for it either. So..anyone have any use for a brand new catback exhaust (oem) or one with 1655 miles on it? haha.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
you wont be able to keep it......you serious????

i seriously doubt a dealer would even do that for someone.....would they??

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
They will keep the old exhaust, that way if Hyundai wants to take a look at it and see exactly why it went bad, they will have the dealership ship it to them. If they don't ship them the old parts, or they do and Hyundai finds they aren't defective, the entire claim gets charged back to the dealership. There are dealerships out there that replace more than they need to, but it is a risk they are taking.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
My exhaust hangs down just alittle on the right side of the car too. Well I guess my car is done I better go in and have my exhaust replaced before the thing blows up!!!!:3_wink:

·
Banned
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah well I didn't exactly as them to do it. I mean the car is brand spanking new and a I really dont think it needs a new exhaust. Plus now ive got to break the new one in too so it'll be quiet again for the first couple 100 miles (and the car is quiet enough as it is). I thought about drilling some holes in the exhaust though before taking it in, just to experience some loudness and then have him fix it..who knows, that cat idea doesnt sound too bad.

And i figured they wouldnt give me the old exhaust back, I was just kidding though. I called the dealer today and told him its really not necessary for a new exhaust unless his technicians feel that the thing is actually gonna fall off. Got his voicemail though....I'll let you all know how this ends.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Free Sh*t is good Sh*t....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.