Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Sorry if this is in the wrong section)

I've had my tiburon for a month now, so far so good, except for this noise it makes sometimes when reversing. I notice it does it when I turn the wheel a certain way. It does it if I take a hard turn as well. I really no nothing about cars, this is my first one, so does anyone know what the problem may be? I took it to the dealer and they said they cant hear it so they cant fix it. I also noticed if its very cold out, like early in the am, the noise is more noticable(if that helps describe the problem any)

·
Banned
244 Posts
its really just a creeking noise, which makes sense to me but probably to no one else. like the sound an old door would make

·
Registered
735 Posts
I can guarantee you that the creeking you hear is body flex. Perfectly natural for our cars being that they are hatch backs. You probably hear it when you slowly go over a bump at an angle or whatever.

To fix this get front and rear strut bars. I recommend DC Sports. They are a 1 piece welded design they will eliminate A LOT of body flex AND stiffen up the ride. They run for about 114.00 for a front and another 114.00 for a rear. Well worth the money!

I have both front and rear and they are superior to anything out there.

1 piece design, 6 bolt down points in the front, 4 bolt down points in the rear. Which displaces more weight over the bolt down points of the strut bar.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i had this same problem. sort of more like a click or a snap. when i started the car you would hear snap. when i popped it into reverse or drive it would snap. reversing with the wheel turned and a snap. the trans would make a weird noise also. i thought maybe i screwed up the torque converter or something. i ended up taking it in and they said theyd check it out. you know what it ended up being? ............a loose bolt on the transmission mount they forgot to tighten causing the trans to slide. ask the dealer about that next time you go in

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
old post but i'm still having the problem. its even more noticable since its cold out. it cant be from the cold, I heard it in the warm months. I took it to the dealer and of course they didnt hear anything. My friend thought I hit a curb because of the noise it makes(i was doing a 3 point turn). this is really getting annoying. can it be the steering wheel pump? its not the engine, its almost like the tire is rubbing up against something. i'll try and post a clip of the noise if i can

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
all stock(except for a cai). the noise comes from the front left of the car. someone suggested it was the breaks, but those were just changed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a similar noise and discovered it was the air filter from my Ingen SRI rubbing against the inner fender.
that sounds like it could be the problem i'm having. howd you go about fixing it? to be honest(dont laugh guys ha) i dont k now anything about these things. I didnt buy the CAI, it was already in there from the previous owner. i know its an injen cold air intake..

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i am going to assume its used sense ur name is 04 and u have had it a month. I started having crazy squeaks and its because i left a bolt out of my fuse box when removing stock intake stuff and never put it back. pull the plastics off and start looking man. your car maybe at one time wasnt stock and was taken back to stock for trade

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am going to assume its used sense ur name is 04 and u have had it a month. I started having crazy squeaks and its because i left a bolt out of my fuse box when removing stock intake stuff and never put it back. pull the plastics off and start looking man. your car maybe at one time wasnt stock and was taken back to stock for trade
i knew the kid I got it from, it was all stock with the exception of the intake. i'll try looking tomorrow, thanks

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
also, check where the pipe goes through the frame. make sure the frame hasnt carved a hole in the pipe and metal on metal is the squeak

1 - 17 of 17 Posts