Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Tiburon (or rather Coupe as it is called here), and I find this unit (pictured) under the hood.
It looks a lot like a cruise control actuator, but as far as I can tell, my car does not have cc.
The controls for it should be on the steering wheel, right?

·
Super Moderator
4,661 Posts
It looks to me like it could be an aftermarket cruise control, but I don't know. Do you have the 1.6 engine? It may be related to the 1.6. I have experience with both 2.0 and 2.7, and their cruise control module is attached on the strut tower, where connector is located on the left side of your photo.

If it is an aftermarket cruise control then its buttons may have been added somewhere else. Yes, normally the cruise control is a stalk on the right side of the steering wheel.

Does its cable attach to the throttle body?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
usually the CC module goes right where that other sensor is to the left. It does look aftermarket. Do you have an extra stalk on your steering column? post some photos of the area around your wheel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think the mystery is solved, and it is probably an aftermarked cruise control.
The cable from it goes around and to the throttle body, where it is connected in parallell with the normal accelerator cable.
Looking around the dash I found a small switch with a speedometer symbol below the steering column which probably activates it.
Cannot drive the car at the moment to test it as I am replacing the exhaust, but I consider this solved, thanks guys!

(And yes, its a 1.6 2004 model)

View attachment 136067

1 - 4 of 4 Posts