Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my spark plugs were changed out the mechanic knocked the cruise cable out of the clip. He forgot to put it back in. I went to put it back in and the cable seems really loose, I don't know how loose it should be but now my cruise control doesn't work. The cable moves just a tiny bit when you set the cruise control. So how do I adjust this cable to make it tighter or to make it work? I looked at where it connected to (throttle) and into the engine but could not find an obvious way of adjusting it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
When my spark plugs were changed out the mechanic knocked the cruise cable out of the clip. He forgot to put it back in. I went to put it back in and the cable seems really loose, I don't know how loose it should be but now my cruise control doesn't work. The cable moves just a tiny bit when you set the cruise control. So how do I adjust this cable to make it tighter or to make it work? I looked at where it connected to (throttle) and into the engine but could not find an obvious way of adjusting it.
you adjust the tension by moving the two bolts forward or backward where the cable sits on that "clip" (where the throttle and the cruise cable sit)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts