Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ( and gals.) So I have a quote for a custom box setup and I want to know if it is a good price. I already have all the equipment. 2 12" subs, kenwood hu, diamond front, 2 caps, viper alarm, extra optima, isolater and 2 amps. I do need to buy rears which will be JL's.

Here is the list:

-Install everything and adding the new rears purchase price
-custom box with plexiglass, mirrors and neons
-Placing amps in spare tire well and putting a plexiglass window to view
-Install isolator and placing battery in trunk
-dynomatting the hatch, rear fenders and bottom of spare tire well.

price is = $1,800

Is this a good price?

Kicker power and ground wire is an extra $90.

·
Registered
437 Posts
If I wanted to take you for a ride.......
HU $50 (may need kit and harness $40 and a bypass $50
Fronts $50
Caps $30
Subs $30
Alarm $100 (plus any mods you need or extra install charges)
Optima and iso $100
Rears $35
Amp kit $90
Amp $100
Box $200 for wood $350 for fiberglass
Dynamat install $50
Amprack $50

What exactally are you buying from him?

EnewTEEL said:
Hey guys ( and gals.) So I have a quote for a custom box setup and I want to know if it is a good price. I already have all the equipment. 2 12" subs, kenwood hu, diamond front, 2 caps, viper alarm, extra optima, isolater and 2 amps. I do need to buy rears which will be JL's.

Here is the list:

-Install everything and adding the new rears purchase price
-custom box with plexiglass, mirrors and neons
-Placing amps in spare tire well and putting a plexiglass window to view
-Install isolator and placing battery in trunk
-dynomatting the hatch, rear fenders and bottom of spare tire well.

price is = $1,800

Is this a good price?

Kicker power and ground wire is an extra $90.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Yeah, if they're doing a lot of custom work and everythings going to be done right (correct specs for speakers, hidden wires, clean fitting box, etc.) then I think they're doing a decent price. It's not great, but it's not the most expensive.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
you should ask around and see who gives the best quote and also find out which has a better reputation

·
Registered
962 Posts
Don't mean to hijack your thread but where would you guys go to get the stuff for the box such as Plexiglas and stuff like that?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Home Depot or Lowes or something similar will have MDF, should have fiberglassing material, and I would assume them to have plexi glass as well.

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Yes. Home Depot, Lowes, etc should have varying plexi glass and lexan.

For fiberglass material, go to a boat store. The prices are less expensive and you can buy in the amounts you need.

To answer if that is a fair price, you would have to be able to see some examples of set-ups he's already done. A crappy job is worthless, even if its "custom". If you like his previous jobs, I think its a reasonable price.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, I have been dealing with the installer for some time now. He's good. i've seen pictures of his work, but nothing in person. I was pleased with the pics. What i'm basically buying from them is the custom box, the rear speakers and the install of everything.

·
Banned
257 Posts
I will do everything you want for 1500, I do installs at best buy and I am mecp certified, so you can trust me, I have custom work done to my tib including 3 12"'s and 4 amps, cap dynamated entire car, ifnity speakers all around including component set, I built box amp boards and new floor piece for trunk, im in Irvine let me know.

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
It depends if you are glassing or getting wood. For custom glassing, decent price. For wood, you're getting screwed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree... all depends on previous work they have done. Hit up dude from best buy... Cusumtib... I work for Best Buy as well... I do my installs and I do custom work on the side... kinda a hobby more than making money off of it.

Ready2Play is right though... for glassing that's a good price... wood... no way... wood I could see half the price probably.
Later,
D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the advice. And thanks for the hook up cusumtib. I ended up just going the cheaper route and just leaving the box I have and just mopunting everything there. Thanks though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts