Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Well, I was gonna save the hassle and just buy one from a member on here.. but, I need to sell the car soon and I lost my military adress :( .. so shipping would of cost too much...

since im pretty skilled with allot of things, from when I normally renovate houses (stucco, sanding, painting, tiling, etc) ... I decided to give it a try

I might add text later on to make it more of a DIY .. if theres enough interest..

:3_yawnee:

ehh.. let me know what u guys think.. its my first time :p

EDIT: scroll down for new pics!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice and clean that's exactly how i plan to do mine. mind pm'ing me how you did it? that'd be great!
I'm probably gonna add some instructions to some of the pics once I get it all finished...

today I'm gonna be sanding and filling some more.. then paint .. hopefully all today :D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
i tried this once. things i would recomend.
patience
sand sand sand( it may look smooth but probably isnt
once paint hits it you can see all imperfections
id recomend getting it professionaly painted or using paint from a paint gun and not a rattle can( like me)
if the pain doesnt work (like me)
i covered it in vinyl but i thought i used a good quality glue but i didnt so when the box got hot the glue became tacky and the material slid and ended up looking like **** !

just take your time
pro paint
or pro grade glue if you decide to cover it

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
o ya + 1 for you

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

i went with a "hammer" finish paint.. it makes more of a rough finish.. what I wanted :)

color came out a little different then I expected .. other then that it looks awesome :)

let me know what u guys think!

SCROLL DOWN FOR NEW PICS

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
hows it sound

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hows it sound
lol, dont know yet.. waiting for everything to dry... i applied silicone sealant underneath the speaker, where it meets the ring.. b/c it wasnt 100% even in all areas...

so gonna know tommorow :) .. I did test it before I started the bondo-ing and when it was only attached with 2 screws for test fitment (leaking all over the place) .. and at that point it was deffinatly as loud as the ugly 12" inifinty in the huge *** box in the pics..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks real nice. I'm guessing you never plan on having to use the stupid jack that Hyundai put there.

·
Registered
692 Posts
yea that jack is pretty worthless. i broke mine the first time i put the car up. then i went to sears and picked up a hydraulic jack and stands for $50. much better

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
btw.. think im gonna paint it black (matt finish) .. tommorow... this paint didnt really come out the way I wanted it to...

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
i would black suede wrap that. looks very good. props for work

·
Registered
77 Posts
That is awsome looks good does anyone sell these at all I'm no where skilled enough to do that I wouldn't no where to begin I would love to get 1 for both sides though for some 10 inch thanks for any info

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
still say wrap it in a material so you cant see the imperfectons

·
Registered
915 Posts
id be interested in purchasing one as well. or one for both sides for a 10''. said u were looking at buying one before? from where?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts