Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pictures will be up tomorrow. Does any know of a brand of sealant that can be used to seal tailights, recently completed the DYI on my tailights and they look awesome, don't think i've seen any cars with them this way on here, just need to install the lens and all done.

Any Sealant recomendations?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well everyone suggested the black RTV. I bought and used that and it worked ok. But later on some condensation got in my tails, so I had to fill in some holes.

My brother told me to use his clear silicone that he applys to the bottom of toilets and on the back of countertops and backsplashes in bathrooms...That worked really really well! I havent had any problems after using that.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tibjay909 said:
Well everyone suggested the black RTV. I bought and used that and it worked ok. But later on some condensation got in my tails, so I had to fill in some holes.

My brother told me to use his clear silicone that he applys to the bottom of toilets and on the back of countertops and backsplashes in bathrooms...That worked really really well! I havent had any problems after using that.

Do you know the name of that stuff? would really like to get this right the first time.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Shift21 said:
Do you know the name of that stuff? would really like to get this right the first time.
Yes, I used GE silicone. It doesnt matter if it says indoor/outdoor, or bathroom or Door. As long as it says 100% silicone its all good! My brother says he doesnt think it comes in black but, it doesnt hurt to look. Otherwise just go with clear. I used the caulking gun to apply it. Heres a pic thats similar to mine. Good luck with the project. Make sure to post some pics when you're done

·
Registered
555 Posts
Oh BTW, I forgot to add that with this stuff, you better line the covers on right the first time because, once its sealed and dried Its not coming off!!!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS! will be posting the pictures tomorrow, need to re-sinstall the dash and painted parts and re assemble the interior make sure to check back.

·
Registered
555 Posts
CarrRyanE said:
I used the clear silicone... you can rub off any that gets on the lense
Very true! Another good reason to go with this. Forgot all about that, thanx. :3_wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts