Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts
Nope, i mean you could try different angles of placement but really they worked very well. Helped to stiffen up the suspension up front wheel hop wise.

Just make sure you mount them in a position where you can full lock your wheel and the tires doesnt hit the traction bar. Otherwise your good to go.

Also i didn't note the assembly in the DIY but its a no brainer when you get the pieces haha, but if you need help PM me :)
Yeah I figured with they'd help out a ton with the torque steer.. And new power

Got it will do!
Yeah seems pretty easy lol

Bump this one up, was this one ever approved? Is there errors with it?

@GeneralDuke
Thanks for the heads up! Been neglecting this section for a little while. I'll get all these reviewed and approved here soon.

Thanks!

Well, it's been almost a year since this idea was conceived of, and I have finally ordered the parts to make myself a set. Still on the quest for traction.

BTW, this has still not been approved

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Well, it's been almost a year since this idea was conceived of, and I have finally ordered the parts to make myself a set. Still on the quest for traction.

BTW, this has still not been approved
haha right on definitely put up pics when you do :)

All the parts came in yesterday but I had to leave, in Austin, TX for a meeting for a couple of days so I didn't even get to look in the box.

Not even sure how much this is gonna help me with auto trans but hopefully it will at least reduce the torque steer; gets a little scary sometimes.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
All the parts came in yesterday but I had to leave, in Austin, TX for a meeting for a couple of days so I didn't even get to look in the box.

Not even sure how much this is gonna help me with auto trans but hopefully it will at least reduce the torque steer; gets a little scary sometimes.
It should basically stabilize the whole control arm, i felt a difference, not huge but worth it for the price

Got back from Austin late last night, quickly assembled one of the bars today

With any luck, I'll get them welded on this week or next

Discussion starter · #53 ·
Got back from Austin late last night, quickly assembled one of the bars today

With any luck, I'll get them welded on this week or next
Good stuff, also turn them around after you grease them so the nipples are hidden and protected within the brackets, I glazed my front ones off accidentally, could of prevented it by simply turning them to the inside.

Took my assembled bars down to shop that did my custom exhaust thinking that would be a good place to have them welded on. They have drive on lifts so it would allow them to be installed with the car at normal ride height and weight.

Well, they put the car on the lift and after looking things over, said they wouldn't do it. They aid the only way they would is if I took the car to a suspension shop and had them mark the location where they should be attached. I tried to explain to the guy that they were home made and there is no spec for where they should go.

Where did you get yours installed?

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Took my assembled bars down to shop that did my custom exhaust thinking that would be a good place to have them welded on. They have drive on lifts so it would allow them to be installed with the car at normal ride height and weight.

Well, they put the car on the lift and after looking things over, said they wouldn't do it. They aid the only way they would is if I took the car to a suspension shop and had them mark the location where they should be attached. I tried to explain to the guy that they were home made and there is no spec for where they should go.

Where did you get yours installed?
I get alot of my work done at a powdercoating shop that is owned by a guy who used to build race cars. We used a jack and measured the flex and travel with full wheel lock to find the appropriate mounting points so it wouldn't restrict any natural movement of the control arm. You'll have to do some measurements yourself or find some one who has some knowledge of car suspension related to performance and have them help you.

There is a guy here in town that does mobile welding, I've used him before. I may just have him come over to my house this weekend and get it done, he won't question anything.

Took the car to a local performance shop down the street from work today to get the bars welded on. It's gonna cost me a bit more than i wanted to spend but these guys will do it right.

When they put it up on the lift, we discovered that both of my rear lower control arm bushing are torn so those will need to be replaced too but not today. This is probably part of the reason why I am having traction issues in the first place.

Anyone know where I can get urethane replacements without buying the entire YaYa bushing kit? Can't seem to find just the control arm bushings.

Waiting for a call from the shop to let me know when it is done.

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Took the car to a local performance shop down the street from work today to get the bars welded on. It's gonna cost me a bit more than i wanted to spend but these guys will do it right.

When they put it up on the lift, we discovered that both of my rear lower control arm bushing are torn so those will need to be replaced too but not today. This is probably part of the reason why I am having traction issues in the first place.

Anyone know where I can get urethane replacements without buying the entire YaYa bushing kit? Can't seem to find just the control arm bushings.

Waiting for a call from the shop to let me know when it is done.
I think you can source out the bushing you need via Energy Poly Bushings, ZMR can get them for you. It is pricy though. Those torn bushings will definitely cause traction issues, poly bushings and traction bars will be a HUGE difference for you.

Sounds like a good decision. My new rims hit my bars so I will have to remount them after I get the car all sorted out suspension wise.

Thanks for the lead on the bushings

Picked up the car around 3 this afternoon. $150, Ouch. They did a nice job on the install, even painted the brackets when they were done welding and adjusted the bars for me. It's been a long time since I did anything to my car that didn't require me to get dirty. . I'll try to get a few pics when I get home from work tonight

It was raining so I couldn't really tell if my traction improved but the suspension does feel much tighter and responsive. I did break the tires loose on the wet pavement; it had no wheel hop and it accelerated in a straight line with no torque steer. The rain has since stopped so I should be able to tell more when I drive home from work.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.