Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do custom boxes/amp racks/mobile video.

I'm in VA. If you are in or around this area feel free to hit me up if you need anything done. I can get prices out rather quickly and the work is all based on what you want.

D

·
Registered
456 Posts
How much would it cost to make 2 10" boxes that would be split to sit on the sides of the trunk? and angle the subs in so they arent facing each other?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
id like 2 boxes.. that fit on each side of the car.. like where the stock sub is placed.. cept one on each side.. but im not around VA =\

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wolfman said:
id like 2 boxes.. that fit on each side of the car.. like where the stock sub is placed.. cept one on each side.. but im not around VA =\
What part of fl are you in ;)

·
Banned
93 Posts
Delta976 said:
If you were in Miami I'd Charge you $300 to glass it ;)
To anyone looking for this...
That kind of price would make the gas money for the drive worth it even from here in Chicago compared to the cost at an audio shop. Hell from chicago I would consider just getting a plane ticket....

if i were in the market.

Delta, if you are good at glass and can do it for that price i would suggest doing about 4 or 5 pairs as quickly as you can. They would sell.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
im in tampa area.. cant really drive far though ><

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3rd Gen Tib for the two 10s? and how do you not want them facing each other if they are on opposite sides of the car?

Also for the single 12 in the Tib. Is that 3rd Gen as well? I'd prefer to have the car on site. But I can get the measurements from my friends 06. Let me know what kind of speaker you are thinking about fitting in it because I need to figure out airspace as well.

Shipping always depends on the weight. I'll check with UPS or FedEx as far as a guess on shipping.

Let me know what subs and what Gen Tib you have and we'll get something figured out. Cool?
D

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
as much as id like to get a new box for my 2 12's for each side of the trunk... i have no money to spend :[ as it being christmas and all... not to mention im gettin a wii.. so thatll cost me.. haha

·
Registered
437 Posts
You make the box wrap around the back and aim them at 45.

As for the WII....wait untill march.... Zelda is fun and all but nothing else comes out worth buying till march.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol I agree about the Wii... But... getting the materials to build a good solid box is cheap. Labor is usually the hardest part... but if you know at least a little carpentry it's not too hard to work something out for the time being.
Later,
Danny
PS.- just let me know about making boxes if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
456 Posts
dandantiburonman said:
3rd Gen Tib for the two 10s? and how do you not want them facing each other if they are on opposite sides of the car?

Also for the single 12 in the Tib. Is that 3rd Gen as well? I'd prefer to have the car on site. But I can get the measurements from my friends 06. Let me know what kind of speaker you are thinking about fitting in it because I need to figure out airspace as well.

Shipping always depends on the weight. I'll check with UPS or FedEx as far as a guess on shipping.

Let me know what subs and what Gen Tib you have and we'll get something figured out. Cool?
D

Mine is an 04 tib, and it kills what the subs do if they are facing eachother.........so what I mean is make the boxes so they would fit in the side back wells, but then angle out the subs a little so they dont cancel out the sound. Like have the angle face slightly to the front kinda thing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gotcha... I got a factory sub box from a guy with an 06 Tib and I'm customizing it to fit my girls tC. But I understand what you are talking about... let me check as far as measurements and I'll post again in a day or so.
Later.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
hey there's actually more ppl from va on this site than I thought.

·
Registered
456 Posts
dude are you kidding me? TnT runs this place lol, we have the biggest Tib club there is on this site.......go into SW va and look for the TnT threads........we meet all the time dude.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey, I'm in richmond, just down the road from you. Anyway, I started my trunk project last spring, but due to unforseen circumstances, have not been able to finish it, and don't see myself being able to work on it anytime soon. I've got one side that's just about done, might need another layer or two of glass. And the other side I've got the back half, that was fitted in the car, but needs more glass, and needs the front half. I've also got a speaker ring already cut for it. I can provide you with pics if you need them. I'm curious to know what you'd charge me to finish up the glass work, and get everything bondo'd and painted? I probably won't be able to do anything until I get my tax money, but I saw this thread, and thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As far as doing that box... I have the stock sub box from an 06 so I'll look up the specs on the W6 and see where we stand from there... do you want the amp on the same side? I'll design it to have the amp rack on the opposite side and then again to mount it right next to the speaker and see what you like best.

To finish the project I would have to see it to know where I stand in labor and materials... hit me up with a PM or get some pics on the thread and we'll see.

I'll check out that SW VA thread as well... TnT used to be in the "Lot" up here in Fredericksburg until people started acting really stupid and racing and got it cancelled. I miss meeting up with people all the time. Maybe I'll join you sometime in the near future.

I'LL BE TURBO THE WEEK OF NEW YEARS!!!! :)
Later guys!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts