Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
To my knowledge its not illegal to cut out the resonator anywhere. Its for sound purposes only and doesnt effect emissions.

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
Just a warning beforehand, quite a few people that thought it would be "cool" to cut out the resonator have later regretted it, because of all the raspy sound the exhaust makes afterward.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Nope. Your resonator doesn't matter. Depending what county you're in you really could punch your cats too.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Just a warning beforehand, quite a few people that thought it would be "cool" to cut out the resonator have later regretted it, because of all the raspy sound the exhaust makes afterward.
Yes i was about to go back and edit. I ONLY cut out the mufflers on my delta and it sounded quite decent, when you take out the resonator its sounds kinda ricey and really unpleasant IMO. You could always do a custom exhaust like i did and put a performance muffler where the resonator was.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes i was about to go back and edit. I ONLY cut out the mufflers on my delta and it sounded quite decent, when you take out the resonator its sounds kinda ricey and really unpleasant IMO. You could always do a custom exhaust like i did and put a performance muffler where the resonator was.
Would cutting out the resonator create more hp?

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
Would cutting out the resonator create more hp?
More, as in, will you feel it? No. Although, your subconscious may tell you that you're feeling more HP since you cut up your exhaust and need to justify ripping your resonator out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts