Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

cut springs

656 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  seedweed23 
#1 ·
o.k look..... ever since i got my 18's , my car just looks like its flying sky high. Even worse when im next to my buddy with the same car , only he has 17's with tien springs.

money is an issue right now ....but just outta curiosuty..i know ricer hondas guys do this religiously....but what if i cut my springs JSUT FOR NOW...
i mean...my dad has a shop and the proper tools to get a PERFECt and equal cut.

would the ride be ******? ....i jsut want it lowered maybe 1 .5 " maybe 2"..i

i COULD wait...but im bored as **** and i jsut hate the hieght of my car right now...

i dotn do crazy sharp turns...i dont fly super fast over a speed bump...im thinking of any negative outcome i can have by cuttign the springs.

what do you think?
car is a tiburon se.

#3 ·
Im with him ^ I would just wait and spend the 200 some odd bucks and get some Teins when you have the money. Even go buy a set of beat off the wall springs to hold you over...just dont cut them, thats asking for bad news...plus a SH1tt ride

#5 ·
look around on ebay or in the forums, sometimes some people sell their springs for real cheap

i got my teins for $50 on here

i would wait myself, just because of the fact that it's too much work for a ghetto mod....

#6 ·
dude, no way. not only is it ricey, but it at the height youre talking about it will undoubtedly kill your struts... then youll be spending alot more.. i wouldnt drop more than 1.5 even with aftermarket springs on the stock struts.

its not exactly safe either.. remember just because one has the tools doesnt mean he has the expertise to remove a spring nevermind cut it. not saying anything about your skills cus i dont know ya, but springs can be very dangerous things.

#12 ·
staw512 said:
no, autozone, the guy at the counter says it should lower my quarter mile by like 3 seconds, since i ll get more traction
if you get it, remember that it has to go on the front of the car (hood) since we're FWD

dont be a ricer and put it on the trunk since it wont do sh*t for traction....

#16 ·
why don't you just put your stock 17's back on until you get springs if it's really looking that bad...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.