Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dec. 16th I had a U-Haul Van carrying two Marines picking up Toys for Tots boxes rear end me and push me into a Jeep Wrangler. Yes, a Tib sandwich....

I just got the estimate to repair it.....$11,000!!!!! My insurance company is going to pay for the repair...rear bumper, trunk, tail lights, hood, front bumper, radiator, headlights and more. The car would have been driveable if the radiator cap wasn't sheared off. The damage is mostly all cosmetic and I should get it back in about a month....hopefully.

It hasn't been a very good Xmas without my Tib.

·
Registered
375 Posts
sucks dude, i woulda jumped out and beat the **** outta those Marines

·
Registered
981 Posts
LiquidFireTibby said:
sucks dude, i woulda jumped out and beat the **** outta those Marines
yea and u would of had them lying on the floor all bloodied, then.........................u wake up from ur dream

·
Registered
981 Posts
lol i guess joining the army to be trained to kick a$$ really doesnt make u tough

·
Registered
252 Posts
My money is on the marines. Ever been beaten down with a pokemon?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
time for a body kit and carbon fiber hood!

·
Banned
173 Posts
oh marines have got definetly excpecially if your my size

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
yeah pretty sure the marines would win that fight

·
Registered
981 Posts
lol, funny how this thread went from his car being wreck to who will win in a fight against a marine

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
^^ lol agreed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
this happens in every thread, some one ask's a question about the someones post then it gets off topic

·
Registered
8 Posts
11,000!!! Thats like the price of a used tibby in the first place! Cant the insurance just pay you the money or something, and you could buy another car or something. Because even after its fixed, the car is probably going to have like a bad alignment or something, since the crash probably warped your chassis.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
why is YOUR insurance company paying for the damages?

shouldnt it be theirs paying?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Fighting Marines would definately suck...

It also sucks that your TIb ended up with 11 g's in dammages. I'm sorry to hear...

·
Registered
533 Posts
yea the marines def. would have taken u out

·
Registered
514 Posts
Its an 06tib. Mine is bluebook for like 20,000 right now (I do have an SE though). Makes sense that they are paying to fix it...the issue is why is your insurance paying for it and not theirs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Trying to deal with the insurance from U-Haul has been a nightmare. My insurance will recover the money from them and return my deductable. I'd rather have my insurance comp. fight them and not delay the repair.

The blue book on the car with less than 4K miles on it, not including my add ons, is ~20K. With the touch screen stereo/nav/alarm it's close to 22K. Most insurance companies look to see if the repair cost is below 70% of blue book. In this case it was.

Most of the damage was cosmetic except for the hood and trunk. Getting plastic pieces from Korea is not cheap I guess...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts