Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel door and the ring around it with the screws has no paint on it. I wax and polish the car and take good care of the paint and only the fuel door and the ring have slowly lost their paint. Makes no sense to me.

Does anybody here have a black tiburon and put a different fuel door on the car? I have been looking for a different one because I don't feel like getting this one repainted and I know the dealer will be an *** about fixing it. Any suggestions? pics of black tibs with a different fuel door than stock?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would assume the paint is being eaten by the gas fumes coming out of the tank. Most of us now have metalic gas doors to solve this problem.

·
Registered
354 Posts
its a paint issue i have the same thing but my paint warrenty is up which is a *** paint warrenty anyway

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Tibbin said:
My fuel door and the ring around it with the screws has no paint on it. I wax and polish the car and take good care of the paint and only the fuel door and the ring have slowly lost their paint. Makes no sense to me.

Does anybody here have a black tiburon and put a different fuel door on the car? I have been looking for a different one because I don't feel like getting this one repainted and I know the dealer will be an *** about fixing it. Any suggestions? pics of black tibs with a different fuel door than stock?

Same thing happened to me too. I saw it as an excuse to finally get a metallic fuel door. It looks awesome and takes 5 minutes to install

Plus, I'm 100 miles away from a Hyundai dealer. I would've paid the same thing in gas and my time to get it taken care of under warranty.

Pic of metallic fuel door on my black Tib:

Pic I took last week of my car in the snow, but also has the fuel door:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will probably do the metallic one. Does anybody have the carbon fiber one? I just want to see it on a black car. I will probably go to kspec.com and get the metallic one though!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Tibbin said:
I will probably do the metallic one. Does anybody have the carbon fiber one? I just want to see it on a black car. I will probably go to kspec.com and get the metallic one though!
I always wanted the CF one, evofusion use to sell it but no longer. Outcast has a pic of it on thier banner but dont sell it for some reason! best bet it to get it wrapped if u want one.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jrosario7 said:
I always wanted the CF one, evofusion use to sell it but no longer. Outcast has a pic of it on thier banner but dont sell it for some reason! best bet it to get it wrapped if u want one.....
Kspec has it! I thought they did: here

·
Registered
547 Posts
ya I have the same thing happening to me. I thought someone else did it when they were handleing my car.

how long is our paint warrenty?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
jrosario7 said:
yeah but its sold out........sighh
I just checked and they do have the CF unit. Beware of the "Metallic" cover, however. I ordered one and it is just a painted plastic unit, identical to the one on my silver Tib. I guess I'll just keep it in case the paint on my original starts fading, which it hasn't yet after 2 1/2 years.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have the same issue and was going to paint door and ring around myself. Sounds like a pretty easy DIY. I'll post pics when done.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
dctibby said:
I just checked and they do have the CF unit. Beware of the "Metallic" cover, however. I ordered one and it is just a painted plastic unit, identical to the one on my silver Tib. I guess I'll just keep it in case the paint on my original starts fading, which it hasn't yet after 2 1/2 years.
when i got mine it was indeed plastic, but not like the paint on a silver tib.. it had more of a satin-finish paint on it.. i swapped the door for a black one though.. check it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah my door is fading too but I have the silver one. Anyone with silver have pics with the metallic one or does anyone know where I can get a CF one? Also will most body shops wrap the door or is that a specialty shop deal?

·
Registered
468 Posts
yg17 said:
Same thing happened to me too. I saw it as an excuse to finally get a metallic fuel door. It looks awesome and takes 5 minutes to install

Plus, I'm 100 miles away from a Hyundai dealer. I would've paid the same thing in gas and my time to get it taken care of under warranty.

Pic of metallic fuel door on my black Tib:

Pic I took last week of my car in the snow, but also has the fuel door:
Interesting pinstriping on your car... I have it on my black one, but it follows the lines of the car... like, goes back like yours does, but goes down just in front of the gills. weird.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
clear door... nothin gonna fade there

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the "metal" fuel door ring on my car that is actually plastic. Trust me when I tell you that it has been on the car about a year, and it is cracking around the bottom and the silver color is getting fubar so the "metal" one wont help,

1 - 20 of 23 Posts