Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, ive taken out a £5000 loan to get a supercharge>? or a body kit, wheels, lowered etc! what shud i do? will my 1.6i handle a supercharge? will it be a big deal faster? please somebody help! i dont wanna waste £5000

·
Banned
312 Posts
You took out a loan to pay for mods? Since it already seems like you're down about a half a billion brain cells, maybe you should stay away from FI, because you'll no doubt F up your car, and be paying for mods you dont have any more for the next 2-3 years.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeasus didnt have to be so rude! lol... well i got the money coming soon so i got to spend somehow!

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
At a forex rate of 1.8, this would equal approx. $9000 USD. Enough for the s/c and installation. Be careful about emission requirements over the waters. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
go FI, probably turbo.. dont go blowing loan money on appearance crap .. i wouldnt of even taken out a loan

·
Registered
610 Posts

put back the money. you dont need it.

·
Banned
312 Posts
I guess i'm a believer in mods should be extra cash.... you shouldn't go into debt on items that could be destroyed the day after you put them on.

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
I got loans for most of my stuff.

Too bad you don't have a v6 or you could by my supercharger :)

Go FI for sure. Go through NGM for the parts. You'll still have a little money to play with after that.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
I would only take a secured loan against money that I already have in the bank. That way the interest is super low and you know you can pay it off anytime. Low monthly payments and you keep your large lump sum for emergencies... Best of both worlds. But if you dont have the money to back up the loan then I wouldnt do it.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thank you everybody! lets see aye

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
try to see if you can get a 2.0 tiburon or elantra gt engine swap. from some junkyard where the salvage cars are. if you can swap the engine, then you can buy a turbokit from Alpine , for example, and there will be lots of money left for clutch, exhaust couple gauges and even wheels i think

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
see well im not after a whole lot of power like u guys! i just want around 180-200bhp (I am running 128bhp now) so with a nice supercharge and some other extra's im sure ill have that 200bhp im after!?

·
Registered
450 Posts
^^^^uhhh, maybe not 500whp, maybe 400. cuz i know some people on here have everything NGM offers, like block, assassin, internals, ........... and they dont have 500. but 400 for sure.

on the other hand, id def. go turbo with the 4 cyl. look at kdmguy's car.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok i will do! turbo is best option i suppose! cheers guys

1 - 20 of 20 Posts