Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I brought my car to the dealership for multiple reasons. The tech took it for a ride and basically said that the problems im having are due to my mods. Couldnt believe it. Now before everyone says that this is normal, ive brought my car to this dealership for sometime with no problems or complaints about my mods. I took him for a test drive and instantly pointed out the noise im hearing which turns out to be my axle, which they are going to fix under warranty. Anyone know if there is a caster kit or aftermarket steering bushings for our car? He said this could clear up the loose steering issues im complaining about. Ive added plenty of suspension mods and they made my suspension nice and stiff but the steering feels sloppy. Do any of you guys stock or with aftermarket springs and struts sit lower to one side. I dont notice while looking at my car but when i put a jack under the left side it fits but when i put it under the right side it doesnt. He also told me that my Eibach camber kit was crap and that they were weak. I asked him in what regards and he told me that they were half the thickness of the original bolts. I have no idea what he was getting at. Anyone have any input on any of these issues?

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
Well camber kits usually decrease the size of the bolt (diameter wise), and add some type of cam lobe that allows for adjustment. The overall bolt size is reduced, and the cam lobe is close to the same size as the original bolt (yet egg-shaped). Depending on how you turn the bolt, you can get camber adjustment. He is correct though, the camber kit is a smaller bolt size than the original. However, that doesn't always mean it is weaker.

As far as your sloppy suspension, sometimes that will come if you lower your car too much. Because you are changing the steering geometry, you might get different steering characteristics, including bump steer if lowered a ton.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Malogus said:
Well camber kits usually decrease the size of the bolt (diameter wise), and add some type of cam lobe that allows for adjustment. The overall bolt size is reduced, and the cam lobe is close to the same size as the original bolt (yet egg-shaped). Depending on how you turn the bolt, you can get camber adjustment. He is correct though, the camber kit is a smaller bolt size than the original. However, that doesn't always mean it is weaker.

As far as your sloppy suspension, sometimes that will come if you lower your car too much. Because you are changing the steering geometry, you might get different steering characteristics, including bump steer if lowered a ton.
Exactly, i have no idea what he meant by weaker. Maybe he was just refering to the fact that they were a little smaller in diameter. I only have the eibach pro so its only lowered an inch. I did have all these issues while stock and i added all the suspension stuff to help. Do we need caster kits for our car? He told me to look for one of those as he said that will stiffen up the steering. I think that steering rack bushings would help but i dont think anyone makes them for us yet. Is there any difference between the Eibach and Ingalls camber bolts? I know Ingalls makes a bolt with more adjustment but is that the only difference?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts