Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all let me start with my past expierances with Dick Dean of Ballwin Hyundai.

First Problem:
I was having major problems dealing with some of my electrical stuff. My radio would turn off if i open/closed my windows. I would notice my STOCK bulbs flickering along with my gauge cluster. So I brought it into the dealership. They looked at my car and couldn't figure out what was wrong...o0oooo but wait i have underdash neon bars that i just spliced to the back of the cig lighter...that must be whats causing this. They went up to me and said my two 10" neon bars was what was causing this problem. I said i down two 12V neon bars would cars things to go out like that. They said no, not really. So, i went home with my car and took the neons off. Brought it back and said look i am still having problems. They then replaced my Alternator, my BCM, and many other little things that i dont quite remember. After $2000 worth of new electronic parts there was still a problem. Hmmmmm...the then found after replacing all of this my negative battery crip from the factory was wrong. A $13 part was what cause this problem. No biggie they made a mistake okay so ill go home and deal with the time i lost.

Problem 2:
One of my o2 sensor i do not remember which one, all i remember it was a o2 sensor before my cataylic converter. They looked at it and said o2 sensors just don't go bad. And i was like okay cause everything is PERFECT. Mary Beth of service said due to my exhaust this part wasnt going to be covered under warrenty. After telling her that i assured her my catback exhaust wasnt the reason why it burnt a o2 sensor before my CATAYLIC CONVERTER. They said okay fine we will just fix it under warrent. This was another 4 hour trip that made me very headed.

NOW THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WHICH HAS TOLD ME TO GO ELSE WHERE FOR SERVICE:

I installed HIDs on my car about 6 months ago, along with a few of Diode Dynamics products, which include AE, Centriglows, Gills, and still had the underdash neons. Along with a hardwired radar detector. Every has been working great. I went to the baseball game and I remember seeing my HIDs on a chrome bumper of another car. After the game coming home i was stopped behind another car that had a chrome bumper and noticed that my headlights werent on. So i switched the thing (i dunno the name for it) to off then back on hoping my headlights would turn on....NOTHING! I was like o0o noooooo i dont have headlights to drive home. CRAP. So i did finally make it home and looked at my HIDs. The bulbs where fine and the rely and ballasts were okay. But still no head lights. I check all the appropriate fuses ie high/low beam H/L fuses. They were good. So i figured crap i should bring it to the dealership. I called the next morning and said what my problems where, MARY BETH told me to go ahead and bring my car in.

So i bring my car in and again i state all my problems i am having. So a mechanic (dont know his name) looked at my car, i was sent upstair in the waiting room. After about 30 minutes of waiting Mary Beth comes upstairs and says "what the heck is all that crap under ur hood" i said there were HIDs and AE and shes like we cannot do warrenty work with all that stuff on there. I said why. How do u know my parts have caused this problem to happen. Shes said i dont know but we cannot do work with all that extra stuff on it, i mean we have already looked at it for 30 mins:3_slapen: . So i was like fine ill go home and take all my stuff off.I paid $50 for the 1/2 hours of staring at the car to tell me they couldnt do work on it cause my Aftermarket stuff (which is in violation of that one law) So i went home took off my hids and disconnected all my Diode Dynamics stuff.

After bring it back about 2 hours later, i got a different mechanic one i have acutally gotten to speaken with, Todd. Nice guy! Hes looking at the car but has no idea why these headlights wont turn on. So CRIAG the service manager says o0o the bcm was overloaded due to the fact of the LEDs and splicing to the turn signal. So he calls me down and says my BCM is blown and that its not going to be covered under warrenty. $800!!!! I was like but u replaced it before and it really wasnt blown. Then here is where Paul stepped in and was like is there a diagnosis u can run to see if its blown and how it was. And craig quickly said no. But this is the only problem that we can see right now. We were going to have to wait for the hyundai rep to come today to see if me car would be covered or not. Since he cant make the big calls. So after yelling to him about how the HIDs where on their own circuit and how these LEDs that Paul sells run off milli amps which mean 1x10^-3 AMPS which is NOTHING. deffinetly not enough to blow and entire fused circuit then blow the BCM. After exchangeing a few cuss words and what not. Paul and I leave. So we went back to pauls house to look at my car. Paul finds within 10 minutes of looking a blown fuse. Fuse 21 the ignition fuse. So hmmmm....thats why my headlights arent working. So he puts another 10amp fuse in. It blows immediately. So we are like wow something not due to the HIDs or the DD stuff. SO he puts another fuse in. And something starts smoking up front. I was like wtf its coming from a harness near my radiator...IVE NEVER touched anything there. So i run back to the dealership and said look something else just started smoking and we found a blown fuse. So the mechanic then put a 15amp fuse in the 10 amp fuse slot to see if he could recreate this smokeing...5 amps more than what the BCM can handle at that location!!!!!!! The smoke occurs again. They did it one more time to pinpoint the problem exactly. It turns out my Ambiant Air Temp Sensor or module is bad. So the take that off. And look my head lights work without a problem. So Craig was like well lets fix this up and then we'll send u home in a loaner. So i went of with someone from enterprise to get a loaner. Once i got there craig called and said we fixed the problem and i can take the car. Once i got back he quickly appologized for telling me it was my BCM that was blown. But now im waiting on these parts, a new negative battery crimp cause mine was stripped, a new seat belt cause the senor for the air was screwed up (another thing they blamed on my HID) and i laughed, and now this Ambiant Air sensor thing. So i go to work and turn off my car...go home blah everything is great.

The next day i went to Paul to fix my foglights since we had a wire spliced for the always on mod. So i was like **** im putting back in my HID. Well they didnt work. WTF!!!! We found out after 3 hours of looking and testing stuff im having a constant power supply to my headlight harness. WTF NOW MY HEADLIGHTS wont turn off!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then i tried locking my car...no locks, and i smelt some more burning from the inside cabin.

So i was like look im done with this crap.

So the next day i called (today) Mary Beth answered, and i told her my problems now and shes like well craig isnt here, we can fit u in tomorrow, and i said no i need a car to drive, and i no longer feel safe in my car because more and more things are failing since u have looked at my car. She quickly said she couldnt do that since craig wasnt there to authorize me to get a loaner. She then said she had another call and HUNG UP on me.

So i went up to the dealership with Paul and NO ONE was there. I walked up and she said are u dropping it off and i said yes. Shes like okay, and i said need a car to drive and shes like i told u on the phone i couldnt give u a car, and i said okay so since craig isnt here every customer that needs a car wont be given one or is it just me. And she was like well i have other customers to deal with go up stairs and ill get you. OMG i was so pissed. So about 30 mins later she comes up and says we'll get u in a loaner and i finally got a car for the day about 11ish.

Mary Beth had no idea what she is talking about, DO NOT GO TO DEAN TEAM BALLWIN.

Now they are still goign to say i blew the BCM cause more things are failing which is wrong becuase my locks were working fine until the mechanic upped the amps on the fuses. 5 amp. and my LED are dealing with milli amps. which is .001 amps. SO I AM AWAITING on what they are going to say. I am completely pissed with this dealership and all their crap.

/rant for today!

ill keep you posted with the outcome

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
call channel 2 and 5 news trevor... they love scandal and controversy.... this is the kinda thing that they are really looking for in exposing FRAUD

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hell yeah, they would eat them up!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GET this craig had got a hyundai rep from the factory to come out and they are denying me warrenty coverage because i tapped in my "main line" whats that supposed to mean.
I tapped into my turn signal bulb...but guess what those still work.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they arent coving the the ambiant air temp sensor which THEY BLEW because i tapped in the main line.

·
Registered
633 Posts
call channel 2 and 5 news trevor... they love scandal and controversy.... this is the kinda thing that they are really looking for in exposing FRAUD

+1....seeing on how DICK dean goes above and beyond to deny all claims we should band together and force them(lynch them)!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well after meeting with Paul, my father, Craig, and a hyundai rep. my car isnt under warrent due to the fact in the owners manual it says any extra wiring done to the electrical system will void the warrenty. So they will cover all the broken parts but i have to pay for labor to put the car back under warrenty.

I got the rental still under their expenses. CHEVY AVEO FTL!!!!!!!

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,460 Posts
Ok so Trev, I think this worked out pretty well. Could have been much worse right? They are paying for the parts that broke, you pay for them to heatshrink ****, and then your warranty is good. Just don't mess with anything else and you'll be good. Gosh I hate warranties.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NEWS UPDATE! The BCM is blown. but i am not paying for it (cause milliamps worth of LEDs will not blow the BCM 5 more ams on a certain fuse will!)

Hopefully they will not blame me for this. I will let you know. The car should be done today around 2PM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts