Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not take your car here. For anything. They like to charge as much as possible, and do not know how to do anything themselves.

An example of this is below, but I assure you many more of this stupidity has happened with them to the rest of the STL Tiburon group. I think one person paid $3k or something for them to replace his clutch with a stocker. Yep, rediculous.

So my friend Trevor wanted some under-dash neon to accent his car. I said OK and installed them. No problem, right? Well his lights start flickering in his car, so he brings it into the dealer after I take a look at my wiring, which is still perfect.

They immediately rule out the neons, saying that they're wiring correctly and everything. But they still TORE THEM OUT OF THE CAR. Some idiot tech decided to. When they told Trevor what happened, they told him they needed a schematic install them again. DEE DEE DEE. A schematic for Autozone neons? THERE'S A POSITIVE AND A NEGATIVE! Well evidently they got them installed again after Trevor yelled at them and they were working and everything.

Well they decide they don't know what's going on, so they replace the entire BCM, and when that doesn't work, the entire alternator. They say, "oh, it's fixed! come get your car!" So my buddy comes up to get his car. He's driving away and his lights start flickering!

So he of course brings it back. They obviously have no idea what to do, and call Hyundai tech for "two hours" and find out it must be the neons! So they charge him $200 of labor for those two hours on the phone, but they're nice and don't charge him for the 5 minutes of labor it took them to rip them out of his car.

Anyway, after them telling him it was ok, and him taking it, and it STILL being busted, he brings it back, and it's NOW that they decide to check his battery and stuff, and they figure out his neg. terminal is incorrectly crimped from the factory. They charged about $2500 to their dealership and ended up paying $15 for a new terminal. And then they were nice and rewired his neons for him, but they said the neons didn't work. They kept the $200 for the call!

Well finally, his car works! But his neons don't. Ugh! So I open it up and how do they have it wired up? They used a little splice thing to connect all four wires (two + two -) and then wired them all to the ground. OF COURSE THEY DON'T WORK. HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE?

Anyway, moral of the story, as well as many other great stories like this, is DO NOT GO TO DEAN TEAM. Instead, go to Suntrup Hyundai, a few miles away, where they actually have brains.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
When I was buying my car, I went there first and despite telling the guy I'm interested in a brand spanking new Tiburon, he first tries to sell me some used Mustang they have, and then when I reiterated new Tiburon, he shows me a used Tib with a Razzi kit. Idiot.

Left and went to St. Charles Automotive who is awesome. Thinking about getting a Jetta next year, and since they also sell VWs, I'll definitely be going back there.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I was buying my car, I went there first and despite telling the guy I'm interested in a brand spanking new Tiburon, he first tries to sell me some used Mustang they have, and then when I reiterated new Tiburon, he shows me a used Tib with a Razzi kit. Idiot.

Left and went to St. Charles Automotive who is awesome. Thinking about getting a Jetta next year, and since they also sell VWs, I'll definitely be going back there.
lmao. They're putting Razzi's on all their old 06's now trying to sell them. Like ALL of them.

Yeah, I went to Dean Team looking at Tibs, and when a salesman told me that the factory dual exit high-performance exhaust gave it extra power, I left.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
you buyin that turbo or.....
just let me know whats up in your free time.
Chase
Dealership<learn to do yourself

·
Registered
558 Posts
im the kid (trevor)who went to dean team...**** them they suck dick...deee dee dee the neons arent going to work when u have all postives and all negatives hooked up to a 12volt source...they did eventually gave me my $200 back cause i *****ed to one of the Dean's and they gave it to me...**** and they charged $40 for an oil change. IM SO PISSED OFF.

David (dcstud) was the one with the clutch problem...

the only think i got was a steal on the car dean team made a $150 profit on my car. W00t....

DONT GO TO DEAN TEAM...

their free car wash is dope tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts