Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'd like to debadge my tib and was going to wait until the spring, but what do you think of doing it during the winter? Will it be too hard to get the glue soft enough even if I use a hairdryer? btw, the temps around here are usually between 14 and -40 degrees fahrenheit in the winter (but it's been pretty warm lately, it was 24 today).

thanks.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hairdryer and a some floss to pull behind the badge...thats what I did about a week ago...worked like a champ.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Dude i live in Montana and it is FREEZING over here but i still managed to debadge the tib. All i did was hook up a hairdryer to an extension cord and roast the emblems until it got unsticky than i just carefully pulled it off with my own hands. Make sure you clean the area before you debadge also, funny thing is i used a wet and dry paper towel and after i wiped the dirty spot on my car the area froze in a matter of seconds than i had to hairdry that also. Anywho it's do able if you can handle the weather bro.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey I got a 2003 tib and want to debadge everything and was wondering bout the H in front on my hood and H on the trunk are they just stuck on or have screws. And i live in michigan and it was -18 like a week ago

·
Registered
103 Posts
how would sombody fill the holes left behind by the H badges?

anybody have detailed instructions on how i would go about filling them before i gloss black paint them and put them back in:3_confuse

·
Administrator
5,354 Posts
Dude come on, this thread is about 2 years old, just start a new one if ya got a question. I know ur new, just a heads up next time. Plus ull get a lot more help if you start a new one asking ur question specifically. And btw, to properly remove the two small holes left from the debadging u would need to take it to a shop and get it filled in, i know it wouldnt be as cheap as a quick fix, but it looks a whole lot better! G/L

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dude come on, this thread is about 2 years old, just start a new one if ya got a question. I know ur new, just a heads up next time. Plus ull get a lot more help if you start a new one asking ur question specifically. And btw, to properly remove the two small holes left from the debadging u would need to take it to a shop and get it filled in, i know it wouldnt be as cheap as a quick fix, but it looks a whole lot better! G/L
k i dont know how to post a thread but ill figure it out. but what about the removal of that logo? are they just pins? i mean will they come right out with some heat and applied pressure?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.