Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how to take the Hyundai badges off of the front and back of the car. Replacing them with a nice set of Tuscani badges. Also, is there any place online to get all Tuscani stuff, like badges and shift knobs?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i used dental floss to remove my badges......just wear gloves or something..cause it hurts...lol...anyways....ye...just get behind the emblem..and rub the dental floss to get all the adhesive off......then use goo-gone or windex or something to clean after you remove all the tape...

the hyundai emblems will leave holes though if you remove them

·
Registered
558 Posts
this will be my first time saying this, but use the search button next time... i used a heat gun (blow dryer) and pulled dental floss behind the emblem... afterwards, just pick off what you can, and use goo gone or wd-40 to take off the rest...

·
Registered
907 Posts
yeah dental floss or, I used fishing line..both work great...I took my badges off when it was cold and the goo came off very easy...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
i did it when it was the middle of winter and just pryed it off, when the emblem is cold the adhesive is not tacky at all and just pops off with a screwdriver, and there was no tacky stuff to clean up aftewards.

*NOTE* if you are not confident in yourself to do this without scratching the paint dont try this.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
byron said:
this will be my first time saying this, but use the search button next time... i used a heat gun (blow dryer) and pulled dental floss behind the emblem... afterwards, just pick off what you can, and use goo gone or wd-40 to take off the rest...
Ditto.

Go to Displays under the system preferences and turn up your monitoprs resolution or use the universal access. The search button is there!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Goo gone and a credit card and a plastic squeegee or old credit card removed the adhesive well. It also wouldnt hurt to use a swirl remover afterward to remove any surface scratches.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Try 3m adhesive remover to get the goo off

·
Registered
164 Posts
do bought hyundai emblems leave holes once removed??? or is it just the front hood that has holes under the emblem?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I replaced my original emblem on the hood. The T badge has two pins on it as well, so it goes in the same holes that the H did.

Dental Floss, Hair Dryer, and some mineral spirits(Use sparingly.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dumb question but how hot do I need to get them before they peel off? Also, how should I go about heating them to X temperature.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I want to get the Tuscani lettering off the back of my car, but I want to leave the actual "T" badge. From what I've seen, the Tuscani lettering looks like it's all connected, so should I use the dental floss method, or the heating method?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts