Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Definition Help: "Friction Ready Caliper" & "Semi-Loded Caliper"

I need a right-rear caliper with a new bracket and online searches are confusing me with the term,
"Friction ready caliper" and "semi-loaded caliper". Does it mean the caliper comes with bracket?
Anybody know?

Also I need a left-rear caliper bracket cos I ordered a Left-rear caliper and it didn't come with a bracket and my old bracket has slider pins rusted in there and it fucckingsucks!!

HELP

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Re: Definition Help: "Friction Ready Caliper" & "Semi-Loded Caliper"

Semi-loaded calipers come with the hardware needed for installation.

Friction-ready means 100% ready for installation; pads & hardware included

Caliper brackets are usually a totally separate item.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Definition Help: "Friction Ready Caliper" & "Semi-Loded Caliper"

Semi-loaded calipers come with the hardware needed for installation.

Friction-ready means 100% ready for installation; pads & hardware included

Caliper brackets are usually a totally separate item.
I think I found a place that sells remanufactured caliper with brackets, looks shady but cheap for a pair of front xg350 calipers.

- All units are disassembled down to the casing and steel shot blasted to ensure a thorough cleaning.
- Only original equipment type cores are used in the rebuilding process.
- All threads are inspected and tapped. Only new bleeder screws and copper washers are used.
- All casting bores and seal surfaces are tested and inspected before assembly to prevent leaking and ensure a proper fit.
- All steel pistons are tested and inspected for roundness, pitting and cracking. All good steel pistons are refurbished. Defective steel pistons are replaced with new ISO 9002 Certified steel pistons.
- All phenolic pistons are replaced.
- All units are assembled with new ISO 9002 Certified rubber components that meet or exceed O.E. and S.A.E. standards and with the highest quality assembly fluid and silicone grease.
- All caliper ear hardware (rubber bushings and slider sleeves) are installed.
- All units are tested after assembly and run through a quality assurance program.
- Hardware (bolts, clips, sleeves, springs and rubber components) and Brackets are supplied and mounted where applicable.
- All threads are inspected and tapped. Only new bleeder screws and copper washers are used.
- All calipers are individually shrink wrapped before boxing to ensure high quality and trouble free product.
- Premium Semi-Metallic Carbometplus Carbon Fiber Disc Brake Pads are installed.

Nastra Warranty: 12 months / 12,000 miles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts