Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Don't worry, I will dyno hopefully soon. I plan to finalize my 91 octane tune on a dyno and then switch over to E85.

The Elite has the ability to communicate via the CAN BUS with various other systems if needed. So say I wanted to rig up traction control, I could interface the ABS module with the Elite and read the wheel speed data off of each wheel to provide traction control. Its more complicated than that but you get the idea. For now I'm just reading the summarized data from the ABS module to feed vehicle speed info into the Haltech.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey DM. I pmed you about a basemap hopping you can help me out. Just got myself the elite 750 with a boomslang harness since I''m auto. Anything for us as far as initial startup and install of Haltech to expect and have problems?

I apologize for bumping an old thread. Not much of us run Haltech on our Tibs and Haltech doesn't know about them either so I don't know who else to turn to.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
^^^Are you running a 4cyl or V6? The 750 doesn't have near as many input/outputs, so you won't be able to use everything on his map/file. You'll have to disable or redirect some of the wire functions.

Just to add, if you guys don't want to do the factory ignitor hack, you can just purchase "smart coils" that have ignitors built in. I think I still have a wiring guide on here about me running Toyota COP's that cost about $40 on ebay. You just run the power, ground, and signal wires straight to them from the Haltech.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
that is some AWESOME work man! wish I had half that knowledge! Sounds like our rules for TT (time trials) is going to be changing here in the next year and I wont have to take a ton of points for standalone engine managment. Which currently it would cost me a ton of points and put me over my current class limit and bump me into the next class (which my car would be wildly uncompetitive). So hopefully in the next year of so I can look back at this and maybe do something like this with mine.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sweet! You won't regret it!

FYI for those concerned about Emissions Tests I just passed Colorado's test that includes an OBD port scan with flying colors!! Hurray for Haltech!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know this is an old thread but do you still have the base .aps. and pictures of your wiring and what you did with the harness plug

21 - 28 of 28 Posts