Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Nick-Yes, I have boost!
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so much like we had the SMT6 thread, I'd like there to be a thread for the TF10 as well.

If anyone that has tons of info about the AEM FIC wants to put one together for that, please do so, and we'd be happy to sticky.

The latest version of the TF10 is wired up like this:

But please use this ECU pinout diagram instead of the one above:

Info:
FEATURES OF THE TURBO FUELLER TF10 - IN MORE DETAIL

FUEL INJECTOR CONTROL
The TF10 comes with 2 Peak-and-Hold (P/H) (high power) injector drives capable of handling 10 Amps each. The injector(s) are placed in or before the throttle body and are precisely mapped through the RPM and throttle range, including mapping for Manifold Absolute Pressure (AMP), Engine and Air Temperature. A suitable external MAP (AMP) sensor is required along with the TF10.

IGNITION CONTROL
The Turbo Fueller can intercept and RETARD two ignition signals. This is required to prevent "knocking" at high boost pressure.

BOOST CONTROL
This feature applies to TURBO installations only. It allows waste-gate control through a "bleed" valve above the canister pressure. This feature is a "must-have" for non-decompressed engines. It allows the boost pressure to be set for 24 targets in the RPM range.

LAUNCH CONTROL
This feature is for engines with strong gearboxes. Once the feature is engaged through a foot-switch, it retards the engine above a pre-set RPM target. This in turn allows for more throttle, so that the turbo can spin up and produce pressure. Once the foot-switch is released the retard is removed. The turbo-lag is also thus removed.

AIR FLOW METER CONTROL
The stock airflow meter may "max" out, and the stock ECU may shut the engine down. This can be prevented by routing the signal through the Turbo Fueller TF10 and mapping the signal, or just limiting it to a pre-set value. The TF10 has two circuits to tune an Airflow meter and a pressure sensor.

TURBO FUELLER INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
(All inputs and outputs are protected against wrong polarity and over-current.)

INPUTS OUTPUTS
TPS 2 x 6A Peak and Hold Injector Drives
Engine Temperature 2A Boost Control Valve Drive
Air Temperature Voltage Clamp 0-5V Analog
AMP (Boost Pressure)
MAP Switch
SYNC Input for Crank Trigger

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Low Power consumption: 0.1A
Working temperature: <65 Degrees Celcius
Unit Dimensions: 140 x 75 x 10
P+H Injector drives: 2
Max Injector current (each): 10A
Protected inputs & outputs: Wrong polarity, over-current, short
Boost drive current: 5A, PWM, protected
Max. retard: 59 Degrees
Max. injection duty cycle: 100%
Injection frequency: Once or twice per crank turn

Here's a pic of the unit and new software interface.

Please also download the new version of the TF-10 Tech Manual and version 1.3.858 of the LetRipp Software here:

Perfect Power TF-10 Tech Manual
LetRipp Tuning Software version 1.3.858
Software Users Guide

·
Nick-Yes, I have boost!
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
This space will be used for outlining how to use the calibration in the software to take in effect the different sensors you'll be using. Ie: 3bar MAP (or whatever MAP sensor you use) as an input to both the AMP and the TPS, and hopefully the IAT if any one of us can figure it out.

·
Nick-Yes, I have boost!
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This space will be how to translate and input the raw log files to excel to graph out the AFR for tuning purposes.

·
Nick-Yes, I have boost!
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
More space for excel/logging purposes.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hey Nick,

I should be getting my TF10 any day now and am hoping to install it this weekend but not for the life of me can I find a pinout diagram with description of the pins for the ecu. May I'm searching the wrong terms or something but I've been at it pretty much the whole day! Is this something you are going to put in this thread as well or help me out with?

·
Nick-Yes, I have boost!
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hey Nick,

I should be getting my TF10 any day now and am hoping to install it this weekend but not for the life of me can I find a pinout diagram with description of the pins for the ecu. May I'm searching the wrong terms or something but I've been at it pretty much the whole day! Is this something you are going to put in this thread as well or help me out with?
I do have more diagrams and things to add to the thread, including an ECU pinout, but the one that Dave used on that part of the diagram, the perspective was a bit funky. I've asked him to fix it up, but let me update the thread with what's new now, including that diagram that needs updating, and the proper ECU pinout diagram you can use instead of it.

Oh, and i did find the ECU pinout diagram with each pin labeled in the shop manual. If you want to access it via HMA Service, go here: TIBURON(GK) >2007 > G 2.0 DOHC > Fuel System > Engine Control System > Engine Control Module (ECM) > Specifications

And lastly, the diagrams shown above use the external MAP sensor as the TPS input as well as putting the TPS into the analog #2 in/out for modification. If you are going to boosting, this is probably best, since you'll have your external MAP as the x-axis on your modification matrixes. If you won't be boosting, replace that TPS input with the actual TPS sensor, T'ing it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I do have more diagrams and things to add to the thread, including an ECU pinout, but the one that Dave used on that part of the diagram, the perspective was a bit funky. I've asked him to fix it up, but let me update the thread with what's new now, including that diagram that needs updating, and the proper ECU pinout diagram you can use instead of it.

Oh, and i did find the ECU pinout diagram with each pin labeled in the shop manual. If you want to access it via HMA Service, go here: TIBURON(GK) >2007 > G 2.0 DOHC > Fuel System > Engine Control System > Engine Control Module (ECM) > Specifications

And lastly, the diagrams shown above use the external MAP sensor as the TPS input as well as putting the TPS into the analog #2 in/out for modification. If you are going to boosting, this is probably best, since you'll have your external MAP as the x-axis on your modification matrixes. If you won't be boosting, replace that TPS input with the actual TPS sensor, T'ing it.
Yes I'd like to acces the service manual or download it but..."If you want to access it via HMA Service" you lost me there lol. Can you clarify this for me please? I will be boosting - turbo. I also want to know how to hook up a wideband into it. I see from the screenshot it has wideband voltage but can't find anything online on how to hook it up and calebrate it to something more sensible, if possible? If this is covered in the disc then my apologies, I haven't put it in a pc yet since I'm not ready to install it. Also I want to put the staged boost feature to use as well so I'll be ordering a boost solenoid, but I'm pretty sure I'll be on my own with that as I haven't seen anybody talk about doing it. If no-one does it before me I'll do up a thread when I'm doing it or communicate it to you and you can put it in here. One more thing, isn't that new pinout for an 07 i4 and would that be the same for my 05?

I'm sure you, Matt, Dave and Klouud will be hearing alot from me once I begin the project in the next couple months since you guys are very active in the forums and knowledgable.

·
Nick-Yes, I have boost!
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unless I read this wrong, is this wiring diagram which shows the rear of the ecm for the i4 model, or v6?
This is for the i4. It's what Dave and I have, and what we spent time putting together.

If you'd like to go through the manuals to get all the proper ECU pinouts for the v6 along with the connector pictures, i'd be happy to add it in. However I'm in the middle of my turbo build now, working way too many hours a week at work, and try to have a little life as well, so i'm only doing high priority things to me.
Yes I'd like to acces the service manual or download it but..."If you want to access it via HMA Service" you lost me there lol. Can you clarify this for me please? I will be boosting - turbo. I also want to know how to hook up a wideband into it. I see from the screenshot it has wideband voltage but can't find anything online on how to hook it up and calebrate it to something more sensible, if possible? If this is covered in the disc then my apologies, I haven't put it in a pc yet since I'm not ready to install it. Also I want to put the staged boost feature to use as well so I'll be ordering a boost solenoid, but I'm pretty sure I'll be on my own with that as I haven't seen anybody talk about doing it. If no-one does it before me I'll do up a thread when I'm doing it or communicate it to you and you can put it in here. One more thing, isn't that new pinout for an 07 i4 and would that be the same for my 05?

I'm sure you, Matt, Dave and Klouud will be hearing alot from me once I begin the project in the next couple months since you guys are very active in the forums and knowledgable.
HMA Service - http://www.hmaservice.com - it's an online resource to have access to the physical hyundai shop and electrical manuals. You can sign up for free.

Regarding wideband, the tf-10 doesn't officially support it, however you can plug a 5v wideband output into the "engine temp" input wire, and using the log files use the voltage to do graphs of your AFR at RPM levels. When my project is done, i'll have a how-to/DIY guide to do it, but it won't be for at least 3-6months.

For boost control, you're on your own here. I have an electronic boost controller that i'll be using to manage my boost and won't be using the tf-10 for that. If you figure it out and get it working well, please feel free to post the info and i'll add it to the thread.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
For boost control you need a two wire boost solenoid. One wire will go to a switched 12v source and the other wire will go to the TF10. The TF10 does boost control via a 'Duty Cycle' map. The number you input into the boost maps directly relates to pulsing the boost control solenoid. You'll have to experiment with what number creates what boost pressure.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
For boost control you need a two wire boost solenoid. One wire will go to a switched 12v source and the other wire will go to the TF10. The TF10 does boost control via a 'Duty Cycle' map. The number you input into the boost maps directly relates to pulsing the boost control solenoid. You'll have to experiment with what number creates what boost pressure.
Thanks! good to know, I'm thinking to get either the Apexi or AEM boost solenoid.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
FYI for those in need:

GM part number 1997152 - Solenoid - $45
GM part number 12102747 - ABS modulator pigtail - $18

You use the boost control solenoid off a GMC Typhon. It's a 3 port setup

I just bought one NIB w/pigtail for $45 ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
N/A map ... rough but works. The bubble around 3000rpm and 10% TPS is my cruising area on the freeway.

Setup:
TPS into TPS in and Analog #2, output Analog #2 to ECU
MAF into and out Analog #1
IAT hooked up, but not used
Crank into and out Crank #1

Should give me timing, fuel and open/closed loop control.

Only issue is to get enough TPS output v when at such a low percentage. If you jack up v in only a secluded area throttle gets to be almost on/off ... need a finer map :3_yes:

edited map ...
10/25/09 - Added -.12 on Analog #1 zero setting ... this bumps the idle up about 100 rpm

10/27 - P0171 -- lean condition - dropped Analog #1 down to -.08, add 1.0 to zones that effect idle ... smoother idle. Mileage up 3mpg!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Thought I'd post this here for help since I PMed Dave but haven't gotten a response as yet. I got my TF-10 from Dave some months ago which I asked him to put a base tune on it for me but here's the thing. I installed it yesterday and noticed that 2 of the wires had a resistor between them but there's no indication for this in the wiring diagram. So question is, is this supposed to be there or am I to remove it? The car seems to run fine, only thing I notice different is that if I give it a hard quick rev it sort of bogs/hesitates before the rpms climb up. Didn't have a chance to hook up the laptop on it yet to check out the programming - some stuff on it needed to be updated for it to take the software. Oh and I wrote down the 2 wires that had the resistor between them but just my luck I must of misplaced it when I was packing up after the install. Anyways any help is appreciated, if need be I can check which wires have the resistor between them.

Edit: Ok if I remember correctly the resistor is between pin 6 (red wire) in the first connector and pin 8 (brown wire) in the second connector of the TF10

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Thought I'd post this here for help since I PMed Dave but haven't gotten a response as yet. I got my TF-10 from Dave some months ago which I asked him to put a base tune on it for me but here's the thing. I installed it yesterday and noticed that 2 of the wires had a resistor between them but there's no indication for this in the wiring diagram. So question is, is this supposed to be there or am I to remove it? The car seems to run fine, only thing I notice different is that if I give it a hard quick rev it sort of bogs/hesitates before the rpms climb up. Didn't have a chance to hook up the laptop on it yet to check out the programming - some stuff on it needed to be updated for it to take the software. Oh and I wrote down the 2 wires that had the resistor between them but just my luck I must of misplaced it when I was packing up after the install. Anyways any help is appreciated, if need be I can check which wires have the resistor between them.

Edit: Ok if I remember correctly the resistor is between pin 6 (red wire) in the first connector and pin 8 (brown wire) in the second connector of the TF10

Leave it alone, mine has the same thing.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Aha! Thanks man! Does/did yours have the slight hesitation/bog with a quick hard rev?

Edit: Yeah I know I replied to my other post for the same subject but thought to put it here as well so the info is in the stickied thread for quick future reference for others after my other post gets buried in time.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Anyone have any Turbo maps to share?

I'm thinking of using a boost reading as a multiplier to add fuel from my secondary injector plate.

I'll be using one output to push ECU into open loop, by showing the ECU a TPS voltage of 4.9v ... WOT. Again, boost will be the multiplier.

Any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts