Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put these in last night, and although the install didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped...once they were in it was a nice difference compared to the stock bushings. Shifts are much firmer now, especially with my TWM STS and aluminum base bushings.

The only complaint I have, and it's a minor one, is that the larger bushing is a bit too big. It took everything I had to get it to fit and since the area you're working in isn't the biggest, it makes getting tools in there much harder.

All in all though I definitely recommend this inexpensive upgrade.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm getting mine in the mail in a few days. Thanks for the heads up about fitment. I'll try filling it or sticking it in the freezer for 20 minutes.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I put these in last night, and although the install didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped...once they were in it was a nice difference compared to the stock bushings. Shifts are much firmer now, especially with my TWM STS and aluminum base bushings.

The only complaint I have, and it's a minor one, is that the larger bushing is a bit too big. It took everything I had to get it to fit and since the area you're working in isn't the biggest, it makes getting tools in there much harder.

All in all though I definitely recommend this inexpensive upgrade.
5 speed right? yeah i had to actually machine a bit of material off both of them in oder to fit, but luckily i had a machine right there to do it with and when they did fit, they are great ;)

·
Registered
607 Posts
i have a five speed also..... put them in the freezer for a while (20-30) minutes and they slightly shrink.... enought to perfectly fit....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts