Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say that I have never been more disrespected in my life. Here is the story:

Today I went into Dennis Hyundai of Columbus to have my alarm system worked on. So during my wait I decided to ask about getting a V6. So I went to the used car manager...he remembered me because I wanted to buy from them a year ago. So I asked him if he would appraise my car...in order to purchase a V6..he said No. I asked why. He then stated that he would'nt appraise my car because I didnt buy a car from them and that when I came in a year ago, and that he felt as though he wasted too much time trying to reach a deal with me. I asked him that if you remembered me ...you wouldve remembered that the deal I got from Ricart ...was one that YOU couldnt match!!! He said well you didnt give us a chance to match it...then I said....there was no way you couldve given me about $3k OFF a BRAND NEW MODEL CAR! So I said...Fine...your right...I didnt by a car from you...and your damn right I wont now!

Ive had nothing but BAD experiences with Hyundai dealerships! And at this point Im done with Hyundai.

Hyundai doesnt support there owners so why would I continue to support local dealers!

Sorry Hyundai...Youve lost a potentially LOYAL Customer!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I think its rediculous that they didnt want to appraise the vehicle.

when trying to find my 07.. I ran into 3 dealers around here that gave me **** and tried selling the damn thing wayy higher then it was worth and at the time. the 08s were starting to come in. So i tried one final dealr an HOUR one way and i must say the service is remarkable. Its worth the drive for oil changes and all repairs. I walked in there wanting a new car for a certain price with certain options and a certain trade in value and i got it all. Just before i signed for the tib, the dealer thats about 2 miles form my house decided they would match the price i got at the other one. But no way would i do that just to avoid an hour drive?

idk point being, theyre not all bad.

good luck

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
yea i kind of had a big problem with my hyundai dealership here in fairfax virginia. they tried to screw me over on the deal with my new 08 gs. retards.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I hear ya. Dennis has been the single worst dealership I've ever dealt with. ...well, besides the one that I bought the tib from. I'm not a Hyundai fanboy by any stretch of the imagination. I'm with them because of the tib. That's it. ...oh, and the Gen Coupe is gonna be sick, even if it takes a little exterior modding to get it where it needs to be.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
Hyundai needs to get a handle on their dealerships. The dealerships are 110% of the reason why i will never own another hyundai.

·
Registered
536 Posts
dennis is ALLWAYS bull$hit EVERY time i walk in there. because everyone there is rude and noone even cares about the cars.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
yea i kind of had a big problem with my hyundai dealership here in fairfax virginia. they tried to screw me over on the deal with my new 08 gs. retards.
Try Alexandria Hyundai on Mt. Vernon. I have bought two new Tibs from them and have all my service there. Great prices and super service. And they don't have any problems with reasonable mods. They even installed my CAI and put it in my warranty record as "Dealer Installed".:3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
dctibby...thats awesome. "dealer installed" The only problem the fairfax place gave me was after i signed the contract they tried to get more money out of me after the fact. i told them no that it was their problem and they needed to take care of it. they finally fixed everything and all was said and done. i got a lower interest rate and payment at the end as well. hehe.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
sounds like the guy you dealt with was just being stuck up because you didnt buy your tib from that place, the dealership i go to never meet the deadlines when things are gunna be fixed either

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this is an ancient post, but I bought my car from DHOD. I had no problems at all with the sales staff, but I had some issues with the dealership as a whole. When I bought my Tib, I got it home and noticed a small chip that had started to rust on the hood. I called my salesperson and he said it'd be taken care of, and to bring it in the next day. I did, and they were expecting me, but said the service manager would have to "approve" the repair. I told them it was an issue of approving it, as the car is less than 24 hours old and rusting with now 48 miles on it. They agreed. I ended up having to call back 3 days later to schedule an appointment to get it to the body shop. I should preface this with the fact that they at first offered me a bottle of touch up paint. I declined. Anyway, they took it to the body shop, where they did a good repair, and you can't tell it was ever damaged. However, I got the car back after 4 days, and my Oakleys are gone. Myu fault for leaving them in the car, I know, and when I called the service manager, that's pretty much what he told me. So basically, I need to prep the car for trade in anytime I bring it in for service is the message I got from that.
Second issue was with finance. The issue there is that there was no financing. I picked the car and handed over a check. The clear title is to come to me. No liens. It seems straightforward, but I had to come back to resign paperwork on 2 occasions. That seemed dumb to me. The first time the finance manager accidentally shredded the deposit check. Fine, accidents happen, so I took a replacement. The second time, I got a call from their back office that he'd filed paperwork showing a lien was to go to Hyundai Financial, but they had no loan paperwork.
Overall, I think the dealership is like any other. Nothing stands out about them, except that they're 3 miles from my house and sold me the Tib for WAY less than any other dealership in Columbus was willing to sell it for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts