Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DET3 and will be installing it on an NA 2007 beta 2 in fuel implant mode just to get a feel for it before making further engine modifications. I'd like to find a VE map and ignition timing map to use as a start point, I am unaware of the FI software being able to generate one.
If anyone has any pointers or a setup they don't mind sharing, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Very few people on this board are familiar with the DET3, and I highly doubt anyone has done the fuel implant mode. How are you going to get around taking injection and ignition away from the Hyundai ECU? It will most certainly put you into limp mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very few people on this board are familiar with the DET3, and I highly doubt anyone has done the fuel implant mode. How are you going to get around taking injection and ignition away from the Hyundai ECU? It will most certainly put you into limp mode.
I see. The FI manual suggests that the ECU could be cheated by wiring resistors into the injectors place that have a similar impedance. Have you tried this with no success?

As for ignition, I was under the impression the DET3 will intercept the the signal from the crankshaft position sensor while sending a different signal to change the ignition timing. This won't cause a problem unless you know something I don't...

Would you instead suggest a different piggyback? Standalone?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I see. The FI manual suggests that the ECU could be cheated by wiring resistors into the injectors place that have a similar impedance. Have you tried this with no success?

As for ignition, I was under the impression the DET3 will intercept the the signal from the crankshaft position sensor while sending a different signal to change the ignition timing. This won't cause a problem unless you know something I don't...

Would you instead suggest a different piggyback? Standalone?
Using resistors for injectors can work has been done before on here the guy who I bought my megasquirt ms2 from had his megasquirt wired in parallel with the stock ecu and used resistors for the injectors

·
Registered
276 Posts
Most people on here will recommend going standalone and saving yourself a headache. I'm running AEM FIC with a turbo setup and it's a pain to be constantly be fighting with the OEM ECU. Going to be going standalone in the near future.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Most people on here will recommend going standalone and saving yourself a headache. I'm running AEM FIC with a turbo setup and it's a pain to be constantly be fighting with the OEM ECU. Going to be going standalone in the near future.
Exact reason I got rid of my aem fic, I'm doing a turbo set up on my 2.7l abd was going to use it but heard of all the issues that goes on with fighting the stock ecu and only being able to pull timing, the the opportunity came up to buy a megasquirt ms2 for 20p so I sold the fic for 200 and bought the ms2 now I have a way better tuning option and I can run e85

·
Registered
47 Posts
Having sought oit a new in box AEM fic, this is all somewhat depressing. All videos and training resources I have found emphasise the importance of working WITH the ecu, and demonstrate extra steps to keep tje short term fuel teims at 0. Is that not enough?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts