Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did anyone tryed to mill their head in v6 tiburon....my budy got big improvements when he miled his focus head. about .4 sec

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Most people dont like the idea of milling the head because it messes with the timing belt. to do it right you would need adjustable timing gears and a tighter timing belt tensioner. Us I4 guys got it easy tho. swap in 1.8L pistons and you've got yourself 11:1 comp. apparently its a pretty common mod in korea. danm those crazy Korean's with their crazy 4 bangers.

·
Registered
551 Posts
JDOGG said:
Most people dont like the idea of milling the head because it messes with the timing belt. to do it right you would need adjustable timing gears and a tighter timing belt tensioner. Us I4 guys got it easy tho. swap in 1.8L pistons and you've got yourself 11:1 comp. apparently its a pretty common mod in korea. danm those crazy Korean's with their crazy 4 bangers.
Wrong! 1.8 pistons are the same as the 2.0 pistons.The rods on the 1.8 are shorter causing a c/r drop on the 2.0 to 8.1 instead of 10.1

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ye u dont change pistons, my budy just milled his head and thats it....he had advansed timing chip b4 he did it....dont know if he needs it with milled head or not
anyway..milled head is one of the best tings u can do to 4benger...expesialy when it dont cost u nothing... big improvement in accelaration

1 - 4 of 4 Posts