Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hi agin, there is some progress on this so I'm reporting back!

DIESEL SOUD IS GONE

Yeah, I replaced CVVT assy. Simple as that. I would assume something was broken inside the old one.

HOWEVER

DTC P0011 Timing over advanced or System performance bank 1 IS NOT.

Yeah, I cleared the error few times but always comes back afer 2 driving cycles.
If anyone has some suggestions please shoot and this is what has been done:

1. 3 different OCVs put in and checked for resistance and operation on 12V
2. New cam sensor //1 month ago
3. New CVVT Assy // last week
4. New Mobil 1 5W30 Oil // last week
5. Hyundai original oil filter // last week
6. New OCV filter // last week
6. Cleaned oil pan and flushed engine // 6 months ago
7. Timing belt changed //1 year ago or 10k miles ago

Dayum that is quite a bit done when I look at it and still can't get rid of DTC :|

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
good luck on the codes, is the encoder possibly bad that is reading the cam? Also another manufacture of cams for our cars is Cat cams WELCOME | CAT CAMS performance camshafts they are out of Paris France as far as I can tell looking at their phone number. I have been in contact with them about doing a cam for my track car and they have been decent to deal with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hi Buder6,

If by "encoder reading cam" you mean Camsaft position sensor (CMP) then yes I've put in a new OEM one 1 month ago (point 2. one post befor yours).

New cams huh? That is an idea but not sure if I want to go that direction until I see the car running as it should in factory condition. Cams look OK, valves are not bent, no rough idle or lack of top power etc.

Thanks for getting into this topic!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I did some more things so I'm reporting back:

1. Removed OCV + OCV filter + Oil Temperature Sensor (OTS) and sprayed a whole can of compressed air trough passages in al possible directions:
- up: toward advanced and retard chambers
- down: towards OTS & OCV filter
- to the block etc.
And nothing came out: clean as it can be.

2. Replaced and put in a new OTS (OEM one) just in case

3. Done all sorts of desperate and "useless" sh.t like:
- idle relearn
- bought OEM Crank Position Sensor (didn't put it in still, I don't belive it is the problem)
- suggestion from GDS to "clear faults and race engine 2000-3000 k rpm with no load 5 times" to check for DTC (which didn't come back at that time)
- captured freeze frame data:

Diesel sound did not come back after replacing the CVVT Assembly (I believe that locking pin went wrong) but for the love of god I cant get rid of "P0011 Timing over-advanced". I bought car with that error but cleared it ith cleaning OCV filter some time ago and it didn't come back for a year.

Getting desperate as you can see....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Somebody warn me If I'm keeping this topic too eventfull OK?:grin2:

1. Changed my Crank Sensor (CKPS) today (just because)
2. Got FTDI cabe from NoSloppy and recorded some realtime data with CASCADE and CAM looks stuck on 124.9 DEG.The following can be seen:
- CAM Position
- CAM Position TARGET
- CVVT Status
- CVVT Actuation Status
- CVVT Duty Control Status
- CVVT Valve Duty

CLICK TO SEE VIDEO

Would that narrow down the suspects?
I have my own interpretationbut would be great if somebody shared their way of thinking after seeing that video...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Took off the OCV filter + started the engine and got no oil comming in OCV filter chamber.

Please check the video.

There are 3 holes in total Up towards OCV, Middle (Is this oil supply?) and bottom (I would assume drain?).
So looking at the picture , should oil be comming from middle hole? Should car be driven (moving) or oil supply should be proportional to throttle even in idle?

I'm not giving up guys :grin2:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Re: Diesel like sound + P0011 (CVVT)

Sorry for rising the old topic but I have a resolution.

I changed the block as f.uk f.ce before me put in beta 1 block with no CVVT hole for oil.

Thank you all for the replys, hopefully somebody will use this topic to troubleshoot the CVVT issues.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts