Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,465 Posts
Re: Paul J McCain

Thanks so much man! I was wondering if anyone would be nice enough to me to do one! :3_bdaybig

Here's some comments I've received in PMs and other threads.

Please read further though to see more comments posted in this thread!

fatlip said:
i put in the vent lights.. they look pretty damn sweet.. i didnt put them back far enough so theres hotspots.. but i dont really mind because they're evenly spaced so it looks damn awesome.. i'll take pics soon and show'm off :) i want the rest!!.....(and later).......btw i've gotten enormous amounts of compliments on the LED sets. everyone's like "did the car come stock with that?" and when i tell them i put them in, they say how phenominal it looks and how it looks like its SUPPOSED to be there! keep up the good work bro :)
This was one of my first buyers, and I owe a lot to him and my first buyers who really got me going. Thanks! (Oh, and he did end up getting the rest! :3_winkthu )
Bangalang said:
Hey man....dont be suprised if you get some more traffic headed your way.....i ran across some guys that were looking to get some interior lighting done and i refered them to you.....btw...the install was simple...thx ............ This is a great, inexpensive mod....Keep up the good work!!!!!!!! (then in the Chicago meet thread) Hey everyone.....Paul McCain might be coming and bringing some of his led setups/kits. I currently have 2 of the kits and i love them....great seller...great product...i highly recommend if you are looking to dress up the interior of your ride. Plus they are a piece of cake to install
Thanks Ben, and thanks for inviting me to offer my products at the Chicago meet! :)
DarkKiller said:
Hey man I installed mine today and honestly it took longer to find the tools then to install it all. I'll get pictures of it later.
Another one of my first customers! Thanks! :)
Thomas said:
hi paul, just got the package, a big A+ for the instructions, very well made, thanks for everything.
First time I had to deal with shipping overseas to PR! Thomas had to wait a long time for his kit, but kept trusting me to pull though (this was right at the beginning and my supplier of LEDs was SLOW. I have now switched suppliers for a lightning-fast turnaround time! :) Thanks for your support Thomas!
Uber_bunny said:
Hey, I just took a look at it and tried it and it fit. I turned them on with anticipation and holy hell do they look awesome ... I'm proud to say I did it by myself with the instruction of a great guy : D ... Thanks a whole lot man, you have an awesome product.
:) First blue sale! Thanks!
2bit said:
I didnt want to remove the rubber cup for the coin holder to put the LED there, so I put 2 LED's in the CD storage, and one in each cup holder (for the CentriGlows). It turned out really nice, and looks real good with the lighted mission plate. Very nice product, glad I bought it. Thanks. (....later....) It matched up (to stock lighting) great. I wish my lighted EL Mission Plate matched as good. Looks like it belongs there and I think you did a great job getting it to match. For what it is worth, I give you 5 stars and recommend it for those trying to match the factory lighting. I am very satisfied.
Well the orange seems to match stock really well! Cool! Thanks man!
JCKnights3707 said:
All in all, it was a simple install, and I think they look cool. My one of my VentGlows needs some adjustment, it's barely visible, but I think I put it too far back or it's not sticking out far enough...once again not the kit's fault in the least.
Thanks man! You can always reposition it if necessary!
cam6621 said:
Just wanted to thank you again for the fantastic customer service man. I got the new set a few days ago and today's the first day it's been warm enough to install, and everything worked out perfectly.... Again I can't say thanks enough for makin' this work, you're the type of person who should be in the business world.
cam6621's kit that I sent did not work for some reason, so I got a replacement out to him right away, no questions asked.
krazymikeygt said:
hey paul, thanks again. love the lights on the accent. ill have some pics soon. as well as the lancer and cavalier. just some more for your collection
oh, and the worlds fastest shipping. its almost like you brought them right to me. wait, you did.
My shipping's not delivery by me! He just got it when I came to the Chicago meet. But I try to get it to you ASAP! Glad to hear you got it working on the other cars, Mike! Thanks!
derraj06 said:
Hey just letting you know I received the package today. I'm going to try to get them in on Saturday. .... Anyways I'll update you when I get them in. I'm planning on goign to home tonight and getting the new ventshines in. I'm going to do a huge photo shoot for ya if you want for the blue ones. ... Anyways, thanks again, you're the best salesman I've ever dealt with!
Thanks Jarred! He had a few problems with some LEDs in the kit. Although I replaced them immediately, free of course, I gave him a good deal on the rest of the lighting as thanks for his patience! Glad to hear he's now enjoying them!

·
Registered
558 Posts

hey Paul, thanks for making me a set of those centriglows with the switch. I the switch looks great, and i love how it even dims with the dimmer switch. The LEDs are bright and are unnoticeable in the day times, thanks for such a great product and fast shipping! I'll probably buy ur Vent and Side Glows too. Keep up the good work!

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,465 Posts

I'm going to post the FAQ here so I can link to it:

FAQs

Q: I have no wiring experience. Will the install be too hard for me? Do I have to solder?
A: Nope! Every kit comes with a full installation manual with descriptive pictures and detailed instructions to make the install a breeze, even for someone who's never done anything to their car! There is not cutting of wires or soldering involved. All you do is squeeze two quick splices together!

Q: It says I can turn it on with my fog lights. Will this work with my Rickna's Always-On mod?
A: Yes it will! We have tested it and have found it works perfectly and independently from Rickna's mod.

Q: How do you ship?
A: We ship by USPS 3-day 1st Class post.

Q:How long will it take for me to get my order after I have paid?
A: The kits are hand-made for each order, so there is some time required before the kit is shipped to you. Usually you recieve your kit within 4-7 days after payment.

Q: What if I don't have Paypal? How can I pay?
A: We also accept money orders and personal checks to: Diode Dynamics, 622 Clear Creek Court, Ballwin, MO 63021

Q: Do you ship out of the U.S.?
A: Yes, we ship to any country in North America for no additional charge and to Europe and Asia for a $4 surcharge.

Q: Can I get other colors?
A: Yes, for a $5 custom-color surcharge. Also, your wait for the order will be about two weeks.

Q: Can I get it with another switch? Can I make it so it works with another switch?
A: We do not offer the option with switch included any more. If you have wiring experience, it is just like any other component: there is a positive and negative wire, and wiring them up to a switch is simple. Those with no electrical experience are encouraged not to attempt this. If you REALLY want a switch, PM Paul J McCain. A kit controlled by new OEM fog light switch can be made for ~$25 extra.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts

paul has been good overall. I ordered the LED package from him (package 3, i think), and it shipped when he said, it came when i was hoping it would. I had to go to work after i got em, adn by the time i got home, I was really excited to get em in. so excited, i forgot to check to make sure they worked. I spent 3 hours installing them, fliped the switch to turn em on, and nothing happened. I checked EVERYTHING, i had not done anything wrong on the install or my wiring. It must have been his part. so, i sent a PM, and he made a deal that i get a 50% refund back, ship out my broken kit, and he will send me a new one once he gets mine in, he was nice enough to send me my kit on tuesday (same day i shipped mine out to him) so i could have it to install. he sent it priority mail, and i got 2 days later. I installed this kit, and it worked! i turn the light off and they were VERY dim. not near as bright as the pics showed. I sent another PM and we talked about it. He then sent me a full refund, and a brand new kit, letting me keep my dim one for anything else i wanted to use it for. He had to order a whole new batch of LEDs just to get the brightness back. I am awaiting to install these, but so far, it has been one big roller coaster. its up and down, and up and down.

everything that went wrong, paul helped fix the problem even though it may not have been best for him. he is a very good guy and strives to make customers happy no matter what it takes. He is very quick on responding to PMs (longest i had to wait was 4 hrs.)

cliff notes:
i had problem, he fixed
had another problem, he fixed

overall he is a great seller and i wouldnt hesitate to buy from him again. great communication, great seller, highly reccommended.

that is all.

·
Banned
2,716 Posts

I was reading your FAQ section and see that there is no wiring necessary, but yet they run with the headlights. What powers them then and is it possible that you might have some printable instructions just so I can get a look before I decide. If so please pm me with them. Thanks

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,465 Posts

Thanks Cam!

krazymikeygt said:
hey paul, thanks again. love the lights on the accent. ill have some pics soon. as well as the lancer and cavalier. just some more for your collection
oh, and the worlds fastest shipping. its almost like you brought them right to me. wait, you did.

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts

awsome. made accomidations for my car, and my friends. and they look awsome. thanks again

·
Registered
92 Posts

By far the best customer service I have ever received. Fast shipping, easy installation (even for me, who knows literally nothing about cars or electonics/wiring.) and great customer service. Willing to do practically anything it takes to satisfy customer.

Great seller, great prodect, great purchase.

·
Registered
322 Posts

i love this man (in a heterosexual way)... seriously... if all sellers could be like paul, the world(ww) would be a much better, friendlier place

1 - 20 of 203 Posts