Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why some carmakers do this, but it's the same thing that happened to the Celica back in 2002 or 2003 when it went from this:

to this:

And now the tiburon has become this???

Man...i know some of you might like it, but...I think they screwed the pooch on this one.

In the past, the Tiburon has gotten by on looks alone...but it looks like that's over now.

:3_steam:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i agree with u... i think atleast 90% agree the 05-06 front end is the best and that looks more like the 03-04 (atleast to me)

not to mention if ur gonna change the looks of the car... give it some more POWER! good lord.. same engine, same tranny, i think suspension is a little tighter than 05-06 but maybe thats rumors...

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Who isn't disappointed with the 07....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
my dad, mind u he is turning 60 friday, says the new Tiburon body style reminds him of the old celica's.. not sure what yr but he says that what he thinks of when he see's the new Tib style

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bigger brakes and improved suspension on the SE - Win

Red leather interiors and 03 lower front bumper - lose

Interior lighting/layout and available tcs/esc - win

not getting the 185hp 2.7 from the santa fe - lose

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I don't like it either. Looks like a chick car. They softened it up too much. Might as well come with a vanity mirror that folds out of the backseat and built in car seats.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
hmmm i've never seen one of those facelifted celicas before, i actually think it looks better,

although it's still ugly

dont even get me started on the tib, although i think they might look hot with some of the bodykits that some members have been photoshopping on them

·
Registered
419 Posts
it's funny you mention the celica.. because the new tib looks just like one
I think the new tibs look just like mercury's cougar. I keep seeing them and thinking it might be the new tib, but it's not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like SOME of the things they changed in the 07, but the front end has to be redone...it's just plain disgusting, IMO.

I think automakers are more worried about making the car look futuristic, rather than making it look nice and upgrading the look without ruining it entirely.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
The car sucks ..............PERIOD!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I think the new tibs look just like mercury's cougar. I keep seeing them and thinking it might be the new tib, but it's not.

same here! the front looks cougar and the rear bumper at the bottom looks Rx-8 to me

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Needs some more power...maybe factory optioned supercharger. I heard they were thinking about it a year ago...looks like Hyundai doesn't wanna keep up with the trend. The new Mazda 3 even has an optional turbo-charged edition w/over 300whp.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The new Mazda 3 even has an optional turbo-charged edition w/over 300whp.
turbo is not a factory option. Mazdaspeed (mazda's performance department) released the mazdaspeed 3 turbocharged with 260hp. upgraded suspension, interior and exterior styling..

not to thread jack but you can't go to mazda and ask them to slap a turbo kit on your 3.

the new tibs are a little less attractive and personally would only be appealing if there were a bump in performance.. i'm waiting until 09

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don’t mind it, Besides it’s not like you can’t change the front bumper and mod the crap out of the car like half the Tiburons on this forum. Too many people have their panties in a bunch.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
im really liking the 07 six disc changer, can someone please find out if it will fit the 06.

that would be awesome, i dont like the controls on the 06....

thank youuuu

·
Registered
571 Posts
I don’t mind it, Besides it’s not like you can’t change the front bumper and mod the crap out of the car like half the Tiburons on this forum. Too many people have their panties in a bunch.
I think someone else pointed it our here somewhere on NT... but I also talked with the service manager at my dealership about what all they changed (he's a friend of mine and I know he knows his ****, for the most part anyway) and he said the frame has been changed enough that you can't put the '03-'06 bumpers and all on the car. The engine is the same, but not the other stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
my dad, mind u he is turning 60 friday, says the new Tiburon body style reminds him of the old celica's.. not sure what yr but he says that what he thinks of when he see's the new Tib style
quite possibly a 2001 mercury cougar and 2006 hyundai sonata combined.. thats what the front looks like... the rear is obviously like a rx8

1 - 20 of 27 Posts