Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This DIY will explain how to remove your shift knob.

FIRST: take a gander at your shift knob and prepare yourself for what you are about to conquer. I have an ARK sts.

SECOND: turn the knob COUNTER CLOCKWISE. That is <---- way [EDIT because in this thread we start at the TOP of the clock] lefty loosy.

Keep turning until the knob comes ALL THE WAY off like so.

Congratulations, you successfully removed your shift knob.

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
lmfao. rep to you

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes. you have the arrow pointing towards the left, which would be going clockwise if you were to turn the knob that way, which would be tightening.
yeah if you start at the bottom of a clock. if you start at the top of the clock and go left it is counter clockwise

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
yeah a duh alex... righty tighty lefty loosy
no, i know. but just look at the arrow for a minute:

if you follow the arrow to the left, like he has it pointing, its going to be tightening. the arrow has to be pointing to the right for the turn to be counterclockwise. meaning, you're turning it towards the left, not to the left, you get me?

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no, i know. but just look at the arrow for a minute:

if you follow the arrow to the left, like he has it pointing, its going to be tightening. the arrow has to be pointing to the right for the turn to be counterclockwise. meaning, you're turning it towards the left, not to the left, you get me?
lol i see where you're getting at but both <---- and ----> can become counter clockwise depending on what part of the clock you start at.

·
Registered
740 Posts
wow... valkare is gettin tight about this.
and actually alex... neither of those arrows point left... one points down.. and the other points right. lmfao

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
lol i see where you're getting at but both <---- and ----> can become counter clockwise depending on what part of the clock you start at.
if you're talking about the arrows on a clock, you would only be able to move the arrows towards your left to make it counterclockwise, but when it comes to the rotation of a shift knob, you would be turning it towards your right. its hard to explain, but arrows are just a crappy example to use in this DIY.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if you're talking about the arrows on a clock, you would only be able to move the arrows towards your left to make it counterclockwise, but when it comes to the rotation of a shift knob, you would be turning it towards your right. its hard to explain, but arrows are just a crappy example to use in this DIY.
thats why i backed it up with COUNTER CLOCKWISE and lefty loosy

·
Registered
740 Posts
lol.. this thread is getting uber retarded.. well i guess its not "getting" it has been form the start lmfao

·
Registered
152 Posts
I really want to do this DIY, but I can't find the shift knob. Can someone tell me where in the engine bay I can find it?

Reactions: tibbysabes
1 - 20 of 32 Posts