Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone

Just an easy question this time do i have a duall mass in Tiburon 2003 V6 6speed

or a solide flywheel ? cause i must change my clucth so i would like to know if this kind of flywheel is a crap or a good part ?

thank you:3_smile:

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
if it's stock, it's dual mass. If you're changing the clutch you'll inevitably want a new, lightweight one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it's stock, it's dual mass. If you're changing the clutch you'll inevitably want a new, lightweight one.
Yes it is a bit expensive for Fidanza, around 325.00 !

But do you notice that the dual is a probleme except for performance ...

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
you think $325 is bad? The stock flywheel costs about $1,000.

·
Registered
282 Posts
only do the after market 1price 2 brings 0-60 from 7.2 to about 6.6 - 6.7 much better 3. fidenza has a replaceable face only $45-$50 dependant on who you buy if from. flywheel is a one time buy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes i understand what you say , but i mean if the dual is still goog ! cause for now my probleme is the clutch

The chrome moly is less expensive but still i there is 2 kind of flywheel in 2003 so it is a guess to order the good one from Grip^force

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
you need to resurface the flywheel for a new clutch, and well... you can't really do that with a dual mass (easily), so you need a new one.

·
I
1,319 Posts
But do you notice that the dual is a probleme except for performance ...
Yes i understand what you say , but i mean if the dual is still goog ! cause for now my probleme is the clutch

·
Registered
579 Posts
jeez i need to get on here more....

YOU CAN NOT RESURFACE THE DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL!! you need to get another one or get a fidenza

end of story. i have done three of them....you will need your production date to order the right one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jeez i need to get on here more....

YOU CAN NOT RESURFACE THE DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL!! you need to get another one or get a fidenza

end of story. i have done three of them....you will need your production date to order the right one.
Ok i understand, i will get another one then, last question

I know Fidanza are the best , but to save money as i'm not doing any drag strip my car is almost stock is a XTD will do the job at 100.00 cheaper

thanks for your patience

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have the XTD flywheel installed, easy install and feels good.

Only been 2000 miles though, so I can't really say got for it. I have heard good things and bad things about them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
does the xtd have a replaceable face plate? fidenza does and its cheap to put a new face (surface) plate no more refacing just pull off and put on the new

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
does the xtd have a replaceable face plate? fidenza does and its cheap to put a new face (surface) plate no more refacing just pull off and put on the new

[["]Dont think the XTD have a replaceable disk and not shure about the model as there is 2 model in the Fidanza, why XTD have just one model ? for the 2003 V6[/SIZE[/COLOR]]

·
Registered
579 Posts
go with a fidenza...last you need is a tooth chipping off....and you can replace the friction plate on the flywheel...you cannot with the ohers.

·
I
1,319 Posts
Just from reading this thread, I'd say Fidanza is the way to go even if you have to shell out a little extra cash; it'll save you money in the long run.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just from reading this thread, I'd say Fidanza is the way to go even if you have to shell out a little extra cash; it'll save you money in the long run.
Well i will go with a Fidenza i send an email yesterday at the customer service at Fidenza

With manifacture date and my VIN and they says they cant tell wich one unless i lokk at my old one !

Well this is a problem cant let my car on the stand until i received it , i will try to look at it by removing the starter !

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
im pretty sure you want the hy05 i dont remeber the two options but thats what i remeber after i did some research from what i know the hy03 (i think thats the other one) was more or less a fluke a couple tibs have it and it works but 99% of them take the hy05 somewere there is a thread about the issue.

short story get the hy05

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im pretty sure you want the hy05 i dont remeber the two options but thats what i remeber after i did some research from what i know the hy03 (i think thats the other one) was more or less a fluke a couple tibs have it and it works but 99% of them take the hy05 somewere there is a thread about the issue.

short story get the hy05

Ok Thank you for the info

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey this might be a dumb question but somewhat related... ive got an 03 tib as well... it's got the dual mass flywheel on it (checked w/ dealership as i was looking into a lightweight one). now i was wondering is it possible to swap it over to a standard flywheel like the ones you typically see off ebay and what not? i just dont want to buy a flywheel, rip my tranny out and be like uhh... yea this wont work and have wasted x amount of hours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts