Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I wanted to get a multigauge for my 03' a couple years back, but a friend of mine that's pretty car-savvy dissuaded me, saying that they don't really measure anything of value. I've recently become re-interested in the idea, and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the functionality of the multi-guage.... is there anywhere online to actually find video of them functioning?

·
AWD-swapped Troll
4,947 Posts
the only real reason you would need a multi-gauge is if you are going Forced Induction. If you have no real big mods like a S/C or turbo, then a multi-gauge is simply going to be something cool to look at to the untrained eye...to the trained eye, it will look like a big, mutli-box of rice since it serves no real function for N/A cars.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I don't remember what the stock multigauges read. I know one is the voltage from the battery. I guess fuel pressure would be one, no idea what the last one would be unless they have engine or oil temp on them, which would be redundant since its on the cluster.

And he's right, for a stock tib, gauges are pretty much useless, just neat if you like them. I prefer the pocket under my HU. Even if you go FI though, you'll need different gauges.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
the stock multi gauges measure torque mpg and volts. they are pretty much useless and are not that accurate. mostly for looks

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Volt, Torque, & Fuel Consumption.

Reading in their specs, they should have like +/-5% error.

I have always ensured to have Volt guage on every car I had.

the other 2 will keep reading up/down as you drive , not something to make any decisions based on readings, but just to give you some idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts