Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throwing in a line level, and need to know if I have a stock amp, and where is a good spot for 12v REM besides the cig lighter.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Just pull back your driverside panel by the back seat and look in there for a amp, if you can see a big hole that shows the inside wall of the driver side quarter panel, then , no you don't have one. But, if you see a big squarish shaped bracket and a couple of connectors plugged into it at the bottom, then you do have one.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Unless you have in the infinity sound system, then you don't. As far a looking for a remote turn on wire, look at the fuse box, your windshield wiper fuse runs off of an acessory circuit, but I think it's easiest going to the cig lighter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I dunno about going to the cig. lighter. Those are usually constant. Granted in my Tib it's switched. But get a DMM (multimeter) and check fuses at the box to see which ones only get 12v when the key is turned to on. then just tap your wire in with that fuse.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I know the cig lighter is switched cause my cell phone charger dies after the key is turned off. I still think that's the easiest place to go for an switched 12v.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts