Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local Hyundai dealership finally has a couple of the '07 Tibs on the lot. Right now they mostly have the GS models, but they will be getting more in. However, they did have one GT Limited. Man, it was sweet! Definitely love at first sight for me! Anyway, the sticker price was $23k. I thought that seemed a little too high. Is that right on the money for the GT Limited model? I'm wondering how much, if anything, they'll be willing to negotiate?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Got my 06 GT Ltd for 18k in Sept (typically, the end of the model year). If selection is low, they got you by the *****. Let some time pass and the demand settle out. I guarantee they'll be willing to deal by April or so....

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
definitely too high.

it's not really a sought after car. youll find most of us dont like how the new tiburons look. frankly i dont like it that much either.

they would be willing to negotiate but they love to be stiff and unwilling on brand new cars that just came out.

the SE (best version) for 07 is about 22K sticker price. I would offer 21K out the door and if they dont bite then they dont deserve your business. That car isnt worth more than 21-22k OTD imo.

honestly with all the benefits the SE version got over the others... you would be paying about the same exact price for a SE and get lots of goodies like ESC and a better suspension.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
is it an automatic? i saw one in my town for 23k also i think it was a limited i don't remeber cause when i went back to drive it, it was gone so someone didn't think 23k was too high lol

·
Registered
755 Posts
too high for sure! low 20s should be wat u pay

·
How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
You cant change the price on the sticker people.... If its the Hyundai sticker then thats the price of the car......period

Now what you actually pay for the car is different. They prolly wont negotiate too much and even if they do there is only roughly 2,000 in profit on the vehicle itself. Besides the 2,000 in profit in the car there may be rebates that could further lower the price. That all depends on where you live and what is being offered by Hyundai. THEIR 2000 PROFIT AND THE REBATES ARE SEPERATE THINGS.

Bottom line... if the cars MSRP is 23K offer them 21,750 BEFORE any rebates. That is a fair deal for both parties.

·
How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
i just built an 07 SE on hyundai's website with only a sun and sound package and was MSRP of 23,495
GTs have more stuff in them... They are the "luxury" one while the SE is the "performance" one.

Thats why the price is the same. At least thats how the trim levels were set up in 06.

·
Registered
490 Posts
got mine 18k dont let them take u for a ride, hyundai resale value is SH*T

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
23k sounds high for a car with 172hp and not-so-great resale value.

But, like others have said, you won't actually wind up paying sticker price, and it is a brand new release (maybe rare / hard to find). Plus it has the word "limited" in the name, lol.

Guess I don't blame the dealer for trying to make big bucks on the first few models...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
When I went to go look at the 07 model for shyts and giggles I was told I could drive one off the lot for 19500 since I was previously a hyundai customer 2 times ( This is my second Tiburon) and I would of gotten the most for my car as a trade. Since I knew TheGrim at the dealership get a small employee discount. But im sure you could drive one off the lot for alot cheaper than 23k.

But my next car is going to be a WRX STi.

·
Registered
87 Posts
When I went to go look at the 07 model for shyts and giggles I was told I could drive one off the lot for 19500 since I was previously a hyundai customer 2 times ( This is my second Tiburon) and I would of gotten the most for my car as a trade. Since I knew TheGrim at the dealership get a small employee discount. But im sure you could drive one off the lot for alot cheaper than 23k.

But my next car is going to be a WRX STi.
Car companies always try to cash in when new models come out, and you can always wait and get better deals later in the season. Over on the Nissan boards, there are people paying between 23.5-28K for a 2.5 liter Nissan Altima, some with Navigation for as high as 28K!!!:3_confuse

You can easily get a v6 auto for under 23k, especially if you wait several months.

Plus, 23K for a Tib? for literally $1,000 more, you could get into a Subaru Impreza WRX TR (Tuner Ready, the stripped down entry version, with the same sport suspension, same 2.5 liter boxer engine turbo-charged, and same AWD as the WRX, just minus the creature comfort that 'tuners' might trade out anyway, ie radio, seats, etc.) for $23,900. :3_worship Yeah, it might be 1,000 more, but I would be MUCH happier financing that extra 1k and have larger payments by $12 a month and have a WRX TR. If you can wait, and get a deal, a cheaper v6 Tib around 20K is a pretty good deal. But if you are looking to buy now and are facing buying a car for around 23K, I would go with the WRX TR
http://www.subaru.com/shop/overview.jsp?model=IMPREZA&trim=WRX_TR_SEDAN&command=overview

:3_winkthu

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.