Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

This is my first post! (I did search before asking :3_pimatyo ) Anyways, I'm thinking about buying a a Tiburon, but my decision on whether to get the I4 or V6 (besides $$$) Rest on one important question......

I know the V6 supercharger is cali. certified. But, I live in MA our laws aren't as strict (almost but not quite), our two major requirements here are have a Cat, and pass an OBDII emissions scan.

So my question is this, Does either the Alpine Supercharger OR Turbo Kit screw up the OBDII and throw a CEL? Or will the ECU stay happy and let one enjoy legal aftermarket bliss? I'm not too familiar with unichip, hence my question. Thanks in advance!

· Registered
1,633 Posts
it doesn't throw cel itself as i understand, but you'd need at least to clamp the voltage of map to dosable it's cel and o2 simulator for not throw a cel for the secondary lambda..

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it doesn't throw cel itself as i understand, but you'd need at least to clamp the voltage of map to dosable it's cel and o2 simulator for not throw a cel for the secondary lambda..
Thanks! The answer on this question would really push me either towards the i4 or V6 I'll do a bit more research on what you said:3_koning:

Anyone else?

· Registered
348 Posts
I have the Alpine turbo kit. It will not affect your OBDII scan. The Unichip comes with a turbo module which is essentially a MAP sensor and a voltage clamp. It prevents the ecu from
seeing boost and thus prevents a CEL for "Map sensor high input."

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
caledonian Thanks for the reply! That's exactly the info I needed. Now I just have to do a little research on both the 2.0 and 2.7 to see the ins and outs of each. I'm familiar with i4's but v6's. Thanks guys I'll start poking around :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.