Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is ebay strut bar any good

does anyone knows if those will be stif as the brand name:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-05-06-HYUNDAI-TIBURON-WHIT-CARBON-FRONT-STRUT-BAR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33591QQihZ015QQitemZ250056838174QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

and this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160030982732&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=160059452742&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&usedrule2=UpSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

i would think that the strait one is better, but does it fit...althoug it looks like it is raised on each end....so maybe it clears the same hight, and is stronger because it got no arc

what happened to SSA products on ebay...there r non

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,480 Posts
A word of warning: buying any suspension parts from eBay is usually not the best way to go.

It's your car though- and both of those look like they'll fit.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
are they stif?
Do you think the strait ebay strut bar would be better then grety strut bar

·
Registered
135 Posts
The first one you listed is a real risk. I know someone who bought one of these and it did not fit in any way shape or form. Then the seller charged him a 15% restocking fee to return the darn thing. Stay away from that one IMO. Save some money up and get a GReddy, RRM, or other reputible brand.

·
Registered
61 Posts
SilverTib05 said:
The first one you listed is a real risk. I know someone who bought one of these and it did not fit in any way shape or form. Then the seller charged him a 15% restocking fee to return the darn thing. Stay away from that one IMO. Save some money up and get a GReddy, RRM, or other reputible brand.
I have that, first i thought that it didnt fit but its kind of tricky, it fits just nice but you have to move a little your brake fluid

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
they will fit. however those are called "adjustable" strut bars. see there are little nuts/bolts that connect the plate on the strut tower to the bar itself. basically just means you must secure the plates in place first and then add the bar to the plates. Depending on your size,,,you may need a friend to help. (i'm short so i have short arms too) But they are just as sturdy and dependable as the non-adjustable bars and usually cost a bit less.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Yeah the DC like lost said, Soooo nice, eassy install, no probs :3_nosthum

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
they also have a problem with their argument...pressure doens't go down like that in the strut portion (vertical pressure)

actual use of the the strut is to be strong horizontally...iono if i'm explaining it right.

·
Registered
355 Posts
yes... but when the strut bar bends up and down(vertical) the distance between the two struts is minimized(horrizontal) mabye by a few mm for centimers... but its still distance! Thus becoming less effective. IF there was stress inwards from both struts what do u think would happen? The bar would flex one way or another. You really dont want the struts to move at all, which is why you want a firm bar. I dont see anything wrong in RRM's argument... I dont knw many people that can hold themselves up at that angle with their arm bent, or teater taughter on a ~1" tube for long. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts