Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a direct fit downpipe that retains the manifolds so I can still have front converters. (to avoid check engine light) I figured a downpipe will add a little gain and elimate the rear converter so when I go supercharged I have less restriction.... I DO NOT WANNA REMOVE THE MANIFOLDS......With a direct fit pipe I can just install the old one if I have togo back to the dealer for warranty work if ever needed....

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
No not at this time. I think either kspec or sfr made a downpipe just recently but it only worked on the korean tibs because the manifolds were different. Not to mention the price of it was very high

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yep pretty much no go on that. Just curious, why dont you want to do headers?

·
Registered
92 Posts
if you go supercharged, then your warranty is over anyways, might as well install headers when you get the supercharger.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Some one gutted the entire stock manifold and use a pry bar to open up the piiping a bit and got like a 9whp peak gain. Idk about the rest of the powerband. Anyways ssa are a nice cheap bet. Get a hi flow and your set.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
if you really want one you could always get one custom made at an exhaust shop it will cost about the same as buying one would the only difference would be it probably wouldn’t be stainless so you would have to do some form of coating so it wouldn’t rust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts