Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo guys i did my first oil change a couple of months ago and i got a letter from hyundai that said my car was over due for an oil change. I haven't been to the dealership in a while and haven't had the time to call them. i am just worried that they will void my warranty or if i ever want to sell the car they will say that i didnt do the required maintanence. I want to do all of my oil changes so should i just call them and tell them that im doin them or wut. Im gunna keep all the receipts from the oil and oil filter just to prove that im doin them.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
they wont void your warrenty, just make sure you change the oil when your suppose to and you use the right oil.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yep, just keep receipts etc and keep track of when you do them etc. I use a spreadsheet to keep track of all my maintenance, whether I do it or not. Some dealerships just send out reminders to keep you coming back. There's nothing in the warranty language that says a dealer has to perform all the maintenance, but they can ask for records if there is any question.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
peachferrari said:
Yep, just keep receipts etc and keep track of when you do them etc. I use a spreadsheet to keep track of all my maintenance, whether I do it or not. Some dealerships just send out reminders to keep you coming back. There's nothing in the warranty language that says a dealer has to perform all the maintenance, but they can ask for records if there is any question.
:3_withstu That's exactly what I do. I keep my receipts from Sam's Club when I buy my oil there, and I have a spreadsheet to keep track of when I do my services, oil changes, mods, and fill-ups.

in fact, in your manual, oil changes is listed as maintenance you can do yourself.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Yeah, I might start doing mine again, or not. It's usually just easier to pay the few extra dollars and let a automotive shop do the dirty work and dispose of the oil.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
05iontib said:
yo guys i did my first oil change a couple of months ago and i got a letter from hyundai that said my car was over due for an oil change. I haven't been to the dealership in a while and haven't had the time to call them. i am just worried that they will void my warranty or if i ever want to sell the car they will say that i didnt do the required maintanence.
I'll bet that letter wasn't from Hyundai itself but from your dealer's service dept. wanting to know why they weren't getting any of your bucks.

We bought our cars from a dealer an hour north of us but have them serviced at the local Hyundai store. We got a call from the selling dealer about six months after we got the Sonata saying "ummm we haven't seen your car since you bought it, are you taking care of it or what?". Not out of the goodness of their heart, but because they want our oil change money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts