Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change my inside dome lights, but I dont know how to take the cover off. Does anyone know how or has done it. Thanks i appreciate it. I have an 03 tib

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
theres a little slot on the lens.. put flat head screw driver in it. and pry it off.. BE EASY.. dont break it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tiburon628 said:
theres a little slot on the lens.. put flat head screw driver in it. and pry it off.. BE EASY.. dont break it!
Should I put the screwdriver between the lens and the light switch holder cover??

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
mirador1931 said:
Should I put the screwdriver between the lens and the light switch holder cover??
no.. where the lens meets the sunglass holder there will be a little slot, look at the middler of the lens and then look down a little bit on the bottom of it, yo will see the little slot.. stick the screwdriver in that and pull lightly.. DONT be rough.

·
Registered
914 Posts
194 wedge
anywhere...and i mean anywhere... any car place/walmart dept store.
it is the most common bulb. i changed mine out to red. hated the bright.
just get a good name, like sylvania or philips or something and it should be good.

·
Registered
282 Posts
194 wedge
just get a good name, like sylvania or philips or something and it should be good.
THATS NO LIE... I got mine from shark racing as an Xmas gift. They work fine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
194 wedge
194 wedge? thats the size?
not familar with any bulb size other than headlight & fog light bulbs..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HEY! I took mine off and went to autozone, they were in a yellow package. They were also dark blue( they come out like hid). Anyway, take your light off and go and compare. PM for any ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got dome lights today from an ebay guy and they came but they look like those silver tipped lights you find in the trunk light. How is this suppose to work in the dome light that is a rounded bulb with a flat plastic piece that slides in?

·
Registered
819 Posts
those are the wrong bulbs unfortunately, like mentioned above you'll need 194 Wedge type bulbs, I got mine from superbrightleds.com

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you have a direct link to the brightest blue wedges they have? I don't want to risk getting the wrong thing again.

The guy specifically sold me 2003 tiburon dome lights and they are wrong, go figure.. :p

·
Registered
296 Posts
I got dome lights today from an ebay guy and they came but they look like those silver tipped lights you find in the trunk light. How is this suppose to work in the dome light that is a rounded bulb with a flat plastic piece that slides in?
are those de3175? for some reason, a lot of places say those are the dome lights when clearly they are not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i went to wal-mart the other week and got a set of dome lights, 3175 is what it said to use, should have took the cover off first. oh well i bought some 194 wedge bulbs for the headlights and a extra set to do the dome lights now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts