Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's all fun and games till someone goes click-clack.

Yesterday I finally got around to installing my 3.0" pulley on my assassin. A step up from the 3.5" pulley. I was hoping to go from 7psi to about 10psi, well i'm seeing 11psi on my gauge. I finally feel like I got a fast car. It was fast before, but you just don't know....damn. It is so powerful that it doesn't matter what rpm I am at in 2nd, if I give it full throttle the tires will just break loose.

I raced my friends gt35r STi the other week with all the goodies, I sprayed a 50 shot on the 7lbs of boost I was making and stayed neck and neck with him. Now, forget about it, I don't need the nitrous. This car is just INSANE! The shift from second to third, and third to fourth is amazeing. It just slams you in the seat and pulls you through the entire powerband. When I drop it to 4th gear on the highway at 75mph, HOLD THE FU*K ON! I can't say enough about the car right now.

I am going to be going to the 1/8 this friday to tune the car a bit since the a/f is in the low 10's! I can't imagine what it will be like to tune it to a nice 12.2-12.5 and mount my slicks on it.

It's finally time to get a custom plate, something that says IEATV8. Bring on those LS2's and that LS7 better watch out if I flip the switch! I'm not saying it is the fastest car on the road, but is certainly isn't the slowest!

HUGE PROPS TO TC!!

*stay tuned for more boost*

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
congrats man!!

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
Nice.........just friggin' sweet......keep those wheels spinning man.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
LOL nice!!

·
Banned
173 Posts
man i wish i had big pockets... or at least pockets without holes in them. i gotta get a supercharger. but congrats on the tiburon. hearing stuff like that gives me confidence in the car, all i hear all day is the things that go wrong with them. all the techs are giving me crap about my car. oh yeah i work at hyundai with a bunch of v8 guys and rednecks... nt keeps me sane all day

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ruckus6931 said:
man i wish i had big pockets... or at least pockets without holes in them. i gotta get a supercharger. but congrats on the tiburon. hearing stuff like that gives me confidence in the car, all i hear all day is the things that go wrong with them. all the techs are giving me crap about my car. oh yeah i work at hyundai with a bunch of v8 guys and rednecks... nt keeps me sane all day

I have been doing business with NGM for over 3 years now and have had most of their products. This is my second S/C set-up and I haven't had a problem with either one. My first was an NGM stage 2 alpine, which now belongs to another friend on the boards. Before that I had the first NGM stage IV IM. All the products from Camp NGM are top notch, and I don't excpect to have any problems with any of them.

·
Banned
5,790 Posts
actually, madcow8me had the first stage 4 IM ;)

·
Banned
642 Posts
Nice man. I am having with draws from my car. I stay out late with it since she is not running right now. I got my Tail pipes Really clean. lol jk So on 3.0" it is making 11 psi man. you need to do a 1/4 run soon !!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
damn... i just cant wait to feel my assassin on the car period... but thats awesome dude... GET VIDS

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
Good stuff man. When you see this TC....I want the same thing included in my setup :)

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I bet that thing is crazy, lol.

Isn't a a/f ratio in the 12's a little lean? I have mine at 11.75:1 or so at 8psi with my alpine. I don't have a built block but would that even help?

zeenon53 said:
It's all fun and games till someone goes click-clack.

Yesterday I finally got around to installing my 3.0" pulley on my assassin. A step up from the 3.5" pulley. I was hoping to go from 7psi to about 10psi, well i'm seeing 11psi on my gauge. I finally feel like I got a fast car. It was fast before, but you just don't know....damn. It is so powerful that it doesn't matter what rpm I am at in 2nd, if I give it full throttle the tires will just break loose.

I raced my friends gt35r STi the other week with all the goodies, I sprayed a 50 shot on the 7lbs of boost I was making and stayed neck and neck with him. Now, forget about it, I don't need the nitrous. This car is just INSANE! The shift from second to third, and third to fourth is amazeing. It just slams you in the seat and pulls you through the entire powerband. When I drop it to 4th gear on the highway at 75mph, HOLD THE FU*K ON! I can't say enough about the car right now.

I am going to be going to the 1/8 this friday to tune the car a bit since the a/f is in the low 10's! I can't imagine what it will be like to tune it to a nice 12.2-12.5 and mount my slicks on it.

It's finally time to get a custom plate, something that says IEATV8. Bring on those LS2's and that LS7 better watch out if I flip the switch! I'm not saying it is the fastest car on the road, but is certainly isn't the slowest!

HUGE PROPS TO TC!!

*stay tuned for more boost*

·
Registered
956 Posts
hmmm...yesss vids of 3rd gear burnout on the highway would be very nice....especially with you trying to keep the b1tch in the same lane.....hehehe.....props man that **** is the sickness

·
Banned
5,790 Posts
MrPhotoman said:

Isn't a a/f ratio in the 12's a little lean? I have mine at 11.75:1 or so at 8psi with my alpine. I don't have a built block but would that even help?
the point of keeping it at high 11's is to be safer with the stock block. u still want a 12.2-12.5 tune in there for best numbers.

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
I love threads like this.....it makes it just a little easier for me to get my *** up in the morning at 5:30am to be at work at 7am, just so I can work in the cold this winter, outdoors, 10 hours a day or so, to fund my upcoming Sniper kit.......

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Mines Better said:
the point of keeping it at high 11's is to be safer with the stock block. u still want a 12.2-12.5 tune in there for best numbers.

I was thinking of tuning mine tomorrow to around 11.9:1 before the track this saturday but was afraid, lol. I didn't want to push it but I wanted that little bit more power, lol.

Anyway, zeenon53 if I make it down your way I want a ride!!

·
Banned
2,559 Posts
niiice mitch, i still wanna ride in it, i know i cant race you anytime soon till i build my motor, but i think itd be fun to race the 2 ngm's lol just for ***** an giggles :) miiines gonna be faster one day ill make sure of it HAAH

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MrPhotoman said:
I was thinking of tuning mine tomorrow to around 11.9:1 before the track this saturday but was afraid, lol. I didn't want to push it but I wanted that little bit more power, lol.

Anyway, zeenon53 if I make it down your way I want a ride!!
Come to the VA meet Nov. 18, there is going to be at least 20 cars, there usually is. This will be the last of the saeson and about a 4 hour drive for me....lol.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
zeenon53 said:
Come to the VA meet Nov. 18, there is going to be at least 20 cars, there usually is. This will be the last of the saeson and about a 4 hour drive for me....lol.
What part of VA?

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
MrPhotoman said:

I am not recomending this, but my old stage 2 was at 14.1:1 at redline. That was at 10 psi on the stock block for over a year.

EDIT:

The meet is in Richmond. http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84990

1 - 20 of 29 Posts