Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have chrome door handles but they are on red plates and I have a silver car. So I am trying to disassemble them so I can just put the chrome on my stock plates! I have removed the keyhole shroud, the pivoting point pin and the black plastic ring deal (don't really have too, but just to get it out of the way)! Now, I cann't get the pin all the way out that holds the springed rocker arm deal for when you actually pull the handle up, it pulls it back in. It does have some squeezed clamped ends on it, and I have a bad feeling that I am going to have to grind them off. Now if I do that, how am I suppose to keep the pin in place for reassembly of them onto the other pads? The only think I can think of is getting a bolt & doublenut and putting it its place, or grinding a small ring around the pin and getting a snap ring clip, either would work! LMK if that is how it has to be done, because I have pulled the $hit out of that pin and it gets to a point and just won't move! I have tried both sides and both stop in the same place! L8R

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone has to have some kind of help or experience with this!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
did you check the DIY for this there is another DIY that explains how to separate the handle from the back of it

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I searched it, and only found the DIY for getting them off the car, I am trying to get the handle off the assembly! There maybe one, and I am not searching with the right words, if you could link it, it would be much appreaciated! L8R

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well I simplifed my search wording and found it, here is a link! Looks like I was doing it right, I just think the 2" long pin will not come out. After reading the DIY seems like everyone has trouble with them. I had it vise grip in a bench vise and I was picking up the bench trying to pull it out, I am very surprised the handle didn't break. So I guess I am going to have to grind down the bumps from the clamped edges and see if that helps, oh well! L8R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts