Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two questions about the interior. Thanks in advance.

First, I got the decals for the door lights ("Coupe") and have them on. They look alright, but I was thinking about pulling the light covers off and painting the edges, where the decal doesn't cover, black. I think that'll make it look complete. Before I start pulling, I wanted to know if I'll break something if I do or if there's an easy solution.

Second, I bought the "Interior Set" from Shark Racing here but it didn't come with any installation instructions. I haven't looked at any of it yet, I've been very busy at work, but I am planning to do it over the next few days I have off. Anybody done this? If somebody has some instructions or step-by-step's, I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
the interior set pieces should just pop off on the rings and sides....

To get the center piece off just open the ash tray and pull on it.....

Don't worry. It shouldn't break.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
the center vent rings are the only ones that will be a bit tricky,

i think there's a DIY for that somewhere around here.

the rest just pops out like jsalamone said

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, thanks a lot. Any idea if the light cover pops off as well?

·
Registered
456 Posts
mr0ldie said:
Nice, thanks a lot. Any idea if the light cover pops off as well?

center vent rings = pull the front console off, then get a small phillips head screw driver. There is 3 screws on the left ring, and 2 on the right. This WILL kill your hands and youll cuss a lot lol. once the screws are removed just pull the vent rings off. OR if you dont plan on ever putting the old ones back, just get a dremel tool and cut the clips along the edge of the vent, then glue the new ones on........thats sloppy imo though.

Your light cover, I am pretty sure you need to pop the inside door handle and remove the screws from the whole door panel. Then pull that whole side off and you should be able to get at the light safely.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
The door light covers can be removed by using a thin blade on small flat tip. Just go in about the edged and pry slightly. Mine popped out, I think there are like four to six tabs holding it in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, thanks guys. I'll be installing those this afternoon and hopefully getting the light cover off without breaking anything as well. ;)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
herbtea said:
The door light covers can be removed by using a thin blade on small flat tip. Just go in about the edged and pry slightly. Mine popped out, I think there are like four to six tabs holding it in.
Before you pry anything you should put a small piece of tape over the fulcrum point where the screwdriver or blade will rest. This way, you will not scuff or scratch the place you don't want to...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just bought the handles on ebay a couple weeks ago, on your stock black ones, if you look right under the handle up top there is a small hole where you could fit a flat head screwdriver, stick one in there and they jsut pop right off with a litte force. i love mine they look excellent

·
Registered
270 Posts
the light covers just pop out, you should have bought mine, they cover the whole cover, no light leaks through... prime example of why one should shop around..

they look like this in the day, black/chrome

and like this at night black/red, but i can do any other color..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, if i'd known where to look, i probably would have. but this will do fine now that I've got it off. the lenses did pop right off and I've just gotta buy some spraypaint to cover it. the rest went on easily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts